Big Shoulders Film Festival at DePaul University is dedicated to presenting the work of innovative student filmmakers from around the world. Admissions are open to all students at the post-secondary level.
Big Shoulders is a front seat to the world’s stories. It is our mission to promote diversity and inclusion by showcasing the work of emerging young voices and unique ways of storytelling.
Thank you to our sponsors in 2021: Red Giant, Write Brothers, Frame.io, and TV Paint.
* Best of Fest
* Best in Category (four):
* The Vincentian Prize for Social Impact (one)
Films completed after February 1, 2021 are eligible for the Big Shoulders Film Festival 2022.
Filmmakers should be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the post-secondary level, OR have been enrolled in a degree-seeking program when the film was completed.
Films should be less than 15 minutes.
Films should be in English or have English subtitles.
Works in progress or incomplete work will not be considered.
Rights must be attained and documented for copyrighted music. If rights cannot be proven, the movie will not be considered.
PRESS KIT (required):
- One production photo in jpeg format.
- A short (40 word) synopsis.
- Director and Producer’s short (40 word) bio and headshot.
QUICKTIME FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
• Frame rate: 23.976 (23.98), 25, or 29.97.
• Frame size: HD: 1920x1080 or 1280x720
• Compression: Apple ProRes 422 (not HQ)