What is filmmaking but a deeper desire to reinterpret the world around us. A film by definition is made up of manipulations, reimagining time and space intertwined with a desire to create a parallel narrative which sometimes speaks for, but often speaks against the ‘Status Quo’.
Our film festival embodies that spirit of filmmaking, the continuous effort to push the boundaries of the accepted norm and the never-ending struggle to evolve the medium. At the core of our film festival lies the firm belief in democratising art. It is that belief in the decentralised structure of art and its dissemination which materialized itself in the form of this film festival.If you think you fit the above-mentioned portfolio and want to create films for the sake of art and only for the sake of art, we welcome you to join us.
We screen the winners of every season online. Our annual event has a live screening with an audience in France where we screen the selected best works.
We offer you an alternative in this world filled with squared frames and consumerist confetti wrapped in industrialized greed. We offer you a place where you can experiment and innovate and be recognized for it. That’s us. Submit today and let us know you.
We accept entries in the following categories -
Best Narrative Feature
Best Short Film
Best Documentary (Narrative/Short)
Best Music Video
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Web Series Pilot
Best Midnight Movie (Any Genre)
Best Queer Narrative (Short/Festure/Documentary)
Best Short Script or Screenplay
Best Feature Script or Screenplay
Expert Analysis of Film
Expert Opinion on Screenplay
One Minute Film - Films under the duration of 60 seconds
Best Animated Film
Best Student Film
Best Women's Film
Best Silent Film
Best Sci-Fi Movie
Best Silent Film
Best Action / Adventure Film
Best Dance Film
Best VR + 360 Degree Film
Here is what we offer you -
-The nominees and the winner will get certificates as well as laurels highlighting their achievement
-All selected films will be awarded with our official laurel
-Screening of your film before a live audience in France.
We accept submissions exclusively via FilmFreeway. Here’s a few rules that we follow.
1. To be considered in the competition, you must enter in at least one Main Main Category. You can enter in as many categories as you want.
2. Films must have been produced after 1/1/2000
3. There are no restrictions on theme, genre or author. We consider films in any language, from anywhere in the world. If your film is not in English, make sure it has English subtitles where necessary.
4. For student fees (under 18 only), it is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g copy of student card included in the project)
5. By submitting your film, you agree that Beyond the Flow nternational Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purposes. A short synopsis and digital still photo is required for all scripts and all entries (except music videos) for the jury, and for our website announcements should you win.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Each film will be watched by at least two different panels of judges.
8. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. To submit to one or more sub-category, you need to submit your entry to at least one main category.
9. Winner and Certificate will be published on our Festival website which you can use in your Press Kit.
10. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.