WEBFEST BERLIN opens submissions for its upcoming 7th edition. This year the festival goes digital on December, 13-15.
The festival accepts web series produced in 2020-21 in the following categories:
All submissions are free. The deadline is November 20, 2021 (applications submitted after that date will not be accepted).
WEBFEST BERLIN is one of the oldest web festivals in the world. It had its first edition in 2015 and now is in a top-10 of a web festival circuit as a prestigious award and estimated industry event. This year’s edition runs under the Red Carpet Studio ownership – the company is known for its now long-term promotion and developing activity of the web series and also as a founder of the first and the only one Russian web series festival REALIST WEB FEST. The head of the Red Carpet Studio, the producer Anton Kalinkin claims the main priority of WEBFEST BERLIN will be, as it always was, - the search for new and original web content from all over the world and the evolution of the festival as a co-production and creative collaborations hub.
Best German Series
Outstanding Artistic Contribution (Best Editing or Best Cinematography or
Best Sound Design )
- All submissions are free.
- Applicant can submit more than one series to the festival.
- Submission must have at least TWO (2) produced episodes produced at time of entry - EXCEPT FOR PILOT CATEGORY SUBMISSIONS
- Please choose the genre that best represents your series even if your series can be classified under more than one category. - The festival accepts web series produced in 2020-21 in the following categories:
- Duplicate submissions under a different category are allowed.
- Entries that are not in English must be dubbed in English or have English subtitles for at least 2 episodes.
- Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions.
- By submitting to Webfest Berlin, you confirm that you hold the rights to (or are authorized to use) any and all audio and video in your web series.
- Webfest Berlin will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from the failure of the creator/submitter to properly obtain the rights to material submit and/or screened.
- All Decisions made by Webfest Berlin are final.
- All federal and state laws apply.
- By participating in the Webfest Berlin, each participant agrees to hold Webfest Berlin and its employees, directors, and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
- You grant Webfest Berlin the right to use the name, logo, and content of your web series for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material.
- Webfest Berlin reserves the right to amend guidelines, selection criteria, awards, screenings, and activities at any time if necessary.