The Benin City Film Festival was launched in 2018 it is a new entity that offers a platform encouraging and promoting the works of local film community and National, International emerging filmmakers to showcase their work in an environment where they have access to experienced industry professionals, We provide workshops. Training programmes and screen Independent films from new emerging film makers nationally and internationally throughout the four day festival event every year. At least 25% of our festival schedule is dedicated to foreign films, which broadens the film culture experience to all who attend the screenings in Benin City during the festivals duration,
The Benin City Film Festival is a team of people who work effortlessly to deliver a quality service to emerging filmmakers. We will give festival contributors access to some of the Industries most prolific names, both nationally and internationally.
The primary objective of the Festival is to attract audiences from all over Nigeria, from around the world to come to Benin City to watch quality films that emphasize human rights and social issues.
The secondary objective is to ensure that the international film directors attend the festival and participate in discussions about their work and about the art of filmmaker, and that they are given the opportunity to see what the State has to offer, in the hope that they will return to make films there.
The third objective is to provide a sustainable long-term tourism event in Edo State.
The fourth objective is to encourage local people and international visitors who attend the festival to engage in the creative film-making process by participating in seminars, events and workshops running in parallel to the festival screenings.
- Film of the Festival
- Best Director
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Performance
- Best Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Discovery Award
- Best Short of the Festival
- Best Asia Films
- Best Asia American Film
- Best European Film
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Animation Short
- Best Music Video
1. Films in languages other than English, must have English Subtitles, otherwise they shall not be considered for selection.
2. The Festival accepts only films without watermarks. Only Trailers or promos cannot be submitted for selection process.
3. Films which have no online presence can be submitted by sending two full HD DVDs by courier to the Festival office along with a hard copy of this form duly filled. Kindly label the DVDs with title, director name, duration, phone number and email id on it.
4. For submissions coming from outside Nigeria, the packages must be marked, “For Festival & Cultural Purpose only, No Commercial value”.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. BCFF reserves the right to showcase the film so submitted perpetually anywhere.
2. BCFF reserves the right to include the film or video and related material in its promotional activities.
3. All Decisions made by the Appointed “Selection Committee” regarding Selections, screenings, awards at the Festival in entirety will be final. In case of Dispute, decision of the President is final.
4. The film makers and their representatives undertake to use the official logo and the status of their Selection or Award strictly in conformation with DIFF 2019 designs and they further undertake to use such festival logo in all their promotions, posters and marketing publications with the consent of the festival.
5. A film selected for the festival does not run in competition automatically. A Jury will select the films that feature in Competition.
6. The Festival shall not bear / reimburse any freight or other charges in foreign or Nigerian currency.
7. Once selected for screening, the film shall not be withdrawn.
8. Entries under the all categories shall be of films certified by National Film and Video Censors Board of Nigeria.
9. The last date of submissions of ENTRIES IS 31.09.2019 and Date of Intimation of Selection will be 30.10.2019.