BEST FILM was announced in front of sell out crowd on 6th April 2019.
Our Judges could not split the First Prize between:
'Robbie and Rose' (Joel Fleming, Queensland) and 'The Shadow' (Sean Hellend, Victoria) Each receive $750 each for their efforts.
The Student Award $500 went to 'Dink' (Thomas Bridges, Victoria)
The Local Encouragement Award $500 went to 'Grave Expectations' (Andy Burkitt Shepparton, Victoria)
The People's Choice $200 - we saw a narrow win to 'Sketchbook' (David Musial, Victoria)
We also awarded two prizes of a 12 month subscription to AFI/AACTA:
Pigeon Games - This film received a Junior Encouragement Award - Congratulations to Caleb Willdon (aged 11 years)
Best Performance Award (in the film 'Grave Expectations') was won by Actor Jack Braddy.
Thank you to AFI/AACTA for your support.
Congratulations to all our 2019 winners.
Our 2019 Judges - long time Judge John Orcsik is joined by Tony Bonner AM. Check out their credentials on our web site www.benallashorts.com Tony's travel expenses are sponsored by Benalla Travel.and we wish to say a big thank you for that kind donation.
Cash prizes were awarded in the following categories:
JUDGES AWARD for the BEST FILM - $1,500 this year is sponsored by the Friends of the Benalla Library. Thanks to their kind support we have been able to have an Increase of $500 on 2018.
LOCAL ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD $500 (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla) is sponsored by the Friends of Benalla Performing Arts and Convention Centre.
The Student Award of $500 is again sponsored by the Rotary Club of Benalla, with the Benalla Bowls Club joining to support..
Our People's Choice Award $200. is sponsored by West End Post Office and they have supported us for almost all of the Festivals. Thank you to them for that continued assistance.
BENALLA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (BSFF) 6 April 2019
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All short films must be original works and must be from within Australia.
• Film categories are open to all film genres including animation, documentary and comedy.
• The duration of submitted films should not be longer than twelve minutes including title and credit sequence.
• All short films produced within the LAST 5 YEARS preceding the 2019 Benalla Short Film Festival and suitable for screening up to MA15+ classification.
• Film to be 1920 x 1080 HD format using a 16:9 aspect ratio
• Entries close 31 January 2019 11:59PM (AEST) and the short film must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Send duly completed declaration, entry and checklist forms to Benalla Shorts PO Box 563 Benalla Victoria 3672.
• All entries will be retained by BSFF.
• The film maker must have secured and cleared all rights to performances, imagery and music used in their entry.
• The film maker guarantees that they have obtained all the necessary permissions, licences and clearances to enter a film, and that the film and all of its composing elements and our screening of the film does not infringe the moral and ethical rights including copyright of any third party. Any claims made by any person or entity against a film, actor, crew, locations or any other party, is entirely the responsibility of the film maker.
• The film maker grants the BSFF 2019 committee, a not for profit organisation, the non-exclusive rights to reproduce the film, or part of the film to exhibit the film by any medium for the sole purposes of the festival or its promotion, including encore screenings.
• Although films received by the closing submission date will be assessed for entry compliance, we regret not all films will be chosen for screening at the festival due to suitability and volume of entries. Selection judging and award judging will be undertaken by panels appointed by the BSFF committee and their decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Award winners have no right to re-negotiate awards with the film festival committee or panel or sponsor.
• Film Award categories:
Judges, Local Encouragement Award (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla, Victoria, Australia), Student and People’s Choice.
• The BSFF committee will communicate with all successful entrants by email.