6th NATIONAL BENALLA SHORTS 2020
We held our Presentation Ceremony on Zoom on Saturday 7th November 2020.
Cash prizes for 2020 awarded in the following categories:
JUDGES AWARD for the BEST FILM - went to 'These Walls' by Susanna van Aswegen from Queensland. Well done Susanna and we hope to see more of your work in the future.
LOCAL ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD - (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla) .
This went to Charles Williams from Benalla, Victoria and his film also took out the our PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD.
THE STUDENT AWARD - went to Radheya Jegatheva from West Australia. Interesting to note that Radheya took out the Best Film Award in 2018 and he has indicated he has a new film for 2021!
BENALLA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (BSFF) 4 April 2020
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All short films must be original works and must be from within Australia.
• Film categories are open to all film genres including animation, documentary and comedy.
• The duration of submitted films should not be longer than fifteen minutes including title and credit sequence.
• All short films produced within the LAST 5 YEARS preceding the 2020 Benalla Short Film Festival and suitable for screening up to MA15+ classification.
• Film to be 1920 x 1080 HD format using a 16:9 aspect ratio
• Entries close 29 February 2020 11:59PM (AEST) and the short film must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Send duly completed declaration, entry and checklist forms to Benalla Shorts PO Box 563 Benalla Victoria 3672.
• All entries will be retained by BSFF.
• The film maker must have secured and cleared all rights to performances, imagery and music used in their entry.
• The film maker guarantees that they have obtained all the necessary permissions, licences and clearances to enter a film, and that the film and all of its composing elements and our screening of the film does not infringe the moral and ethical rights including copyright of any third party. Any claims made by any person or entity against a film, actor, crew, locations or any other party, is entirely the responsibility of the film maker.
• The film maker grants the BSFF 2020 committee, a not for profit organisation, the non-exclusive rights to reproduce the film, or part of the film to exhibit the film by any medium for the sole purposes of the festival or its promotion, including encore screenings.
• Although films received by the closing submission date will be assessed for entry compliance, we regret not all films will be chosen for screening at the festival due to suitability and volume of entries. Selection judging and award judging will be undertaken by panels appointed by the BSFF committee and their decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Award winners have no right to re-negotiate awards with the film festival committee or panel or sponsor.
• Film Award categories:
Judges, Local Encouragement Award (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla, Victoria, Australia), Student and People’s Choice.
• The BSFF committee will communicate with all successful entrants by email.