8th NATIONAL BENALLA SHORTS and INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION 2022
ENTRIES HAVE CLOSED
CASH PRIZES AWARDED FOR :
JUDGES AWARD for BEST AUSTRALIAN and BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
LOCAL ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
THE STUDENT AWARD
Check out the winners at www.benallashorts.com
BENALLA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (BSFF) 28 MAY 2022
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All short films must be original works
• Film categories are open to all film genres including animation, documentary and comedy.
• The duration of submitted films must not be longer than sixteen minutes including title and credit sequence.
• All short films to have been produced within the LAST 5 YEARS preceding the 2022 Benalla Short Film Festival and suitable for screening up to MA15+ classification.
• Film to be 1920 x 1080 HD format using a 16:9 aspect ratio
• Entries close Tuesday 31 August 2022 at 11:59PM (AEST) and the short film must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Send duly completed declaration, entry and checklist forms to Benalla Shorts, VIA EMAIL to email@example.com or POST to PO Box 563 Benalla Victoria 3672. The forms are available on www.benallashorts.com
• All entries will be retained by BSFF.
• The film maker must have secured and cleared all rights to performances, imagery and music used in their entry.
• The film maker guarantees that they have obtained all the necessary permissions, licences and clearances to enter a film, and that the film and all of its composing elements and our screening of the film does not infringe the moral and ethical rights including copyright of any third party. Any claims made by any person or entity against a film, actor, crew, locations or any other party, is entirely the responsibility of the film maker.
• The film maker grants the BSFF 2022 committee, a not for profit organisation, the non-exclusive rights to reproduce the film, or part of the film to exhibit the film by any medium for the sole purposes of the festival or its promotion, including encore screenings.
• Although films received by the closing submission date will be assessed for entry compliance, we regret not all films will be chosen for screening at the festival due to suitability and volume of entries. Selection judging and award judging will be undertaken by panels appointed by the BSFF committee and their decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Award winners have no right to re-negotiate awards with the film festival committee or panel or sponsor.
• Film Award categories:
Judges Award for Best Australian Film and Best International Film, Local Encouragement Award (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla, Victoria, Australia), Student Award, People’s Choice and a Documentary Award.
• The BSFF committee will communicate with all successful entrants by email.