BENALLA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
The 4th Benalla Short Film Festival, an Australian national film competition will be held on the 11th March 2018 at 3.00pm - during the Wall 2 Wall arts weekend in Benalla, Victoria. Screening Date to be advised.
A free ticket to the screening will be allocated to all entries accepted for screening.
Cash prizes will be awarded and the film maker may enter many films across all genre and these must be suitable for audiences MA 15+.
Films must be no longer than 10 minutes including title & credits.
Entries extended until 1 February 2018
Costs to enter are $12 USD Adult and $12 USD Student.
Entries must be from within Australia.
No International entries accepted.
More info www.benallashorts.com
Cash prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
LOCAL ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla)
BENALLA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (BSFF) March 2018
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All short films must be original works and must be from within Australia.
• Film categories are open to all film genres including animation, documentary and comedy.
• The duration of submitted films should not be longer than ten minutes including title and credit sequence.
• All short films produced within the 24 months preceding the 2018 Benalla Short Film Festival and suitable for screening up to MA15+ classification.
• Expressed preference for film to be 1920 x 1080 HD format using a 16:9 aspect ratio; if your film has an alternate aspect ratio, please submit mounted within a 1920 x 1080 frame. Short films may be scaled where necessary.
• Entries close 1 February 2018 11:59PM (AEST) and the short film must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Send duly completed declaration, entry and checklist forms to Benalla Shorts PO Box 563 Benalla Victoria 3672.
• All entries will be retained by BSFF.
• The film maker must have secured and cleared all rights to performances, imagery and music used in their entry.
• The film maker guarantees that they have obtained all the necessary permissions, licences and clearances to enter a film, and that the film and all of its composing elements and our screening of the film does not infringe the moral and ethical rights including copyright of any third party. Any claims made by any person or entity against a film, actor, crew, locations or any other party, is entirely the responsibility of the film maker.
• The film maker grants the BSFF 2018 committee, a not for profit organisation, the non-exclusive rights to reproduce the film, or part of the film to exhibit the film by any medium for the sole purposes of the festival or its promotion, including encore screenings.
• Although films received by the closing submission date will be assessed for entry compliance, we regret not all films will be chosen for screening at the festival due to suitability and volume of entries. Selection judging and award judging will be undertaken by panels appointed by the BSFF committee and their decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Award winners have no right to re-negotiate awards with the film festival committee or panel or sponsor.
• Film Award categories:
Judges, Local Encouragement Award (persons living within 100 km radius of Benalla, Victoria, Australia), Student and People’s Choice.
• The BSFF committee will communicate with all successful entrants by email.