The Best Ecology Film Festival (BEFF) unites those who are intersted to learn something new, to share their opinions and to find creative problem solutions. We show the positive sides of the environmental issues. Acting is better than talking!
Each year, we select 10 Fiction-length films, 5 Non-fiction length films, 30 Short Films to play in each of our Festival programs. However, you may not submit your film directly to any one specific program. Instead, you must select from one of six submission categories
Non-fiction length film
Nature and indigenous people
Science documentary and fiction
1. The film’s subject matter, the production itself or the film’s director should have a connection to ecological topic, environmental, environmentally friendly technologies, urbanistics, road movie, nature and minority people, protection of nature.
Instructions for film submission
2. Screenings formats are films delivered as files.
3. The film should be finalised during the last years ( 2018-2019).
There will be competition of movie:
Non-fiction length film
Films of more than 50 minutes can be considered for the festival’s film programs:
Feature-length films: Fiction film with a running time of 50 minutes or more.
Documentary: Any non-fiction film with a running time of 50 minutes or more.
Only films of less than 49 minutes will be considered for Short Film Program.
VIRTUAL REALITY PROJECTS: Submissions in this category are eligible to be selected for the Festival’s New Frontier VR Showcase. We encourage the diverse creative community of storytellers and technologists to submit inventive, independently produced works of fiction, documentary, and interactive Virtual Reality projects for consideration. Projects must be viewable via one of our accepted VR platforms (currently limited to Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Playstation VR, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream, or Google Cardboard). We request that you provide a link to a 360° video file (.mp4), app download package (.apk), or other PC installation package. Additionally, we request that you provide a separate 2D version of the project via FilmFreeway’s Secure Online Screener system.
International Films that have been or will be exhibited publicly at one or more non-festival screenings in Russia, broadcast or streamed on Russian TV or the Internet before May 29th, 2019 are not eligible for any of the Institute’s Festival programs.
Screening copies must have English subtitles (and Russian subtitles even better), unless they are in English Selections will be made by the festival’s administration. Decisions of refusal will not be commented. Preview copies will not be returned.
Films can be shown out of competition for special screen program
1. Submissions are done with application form BEFF from our web site. Use our submission form from. The form must be submitted by March 1st , 2019
2. Preview copies (DVD or digital file) must be sent to us by March 1st, 2019. If the film is not complete, a temporary version can be sent instead upon agreement with the festival.
3. The selection will be announced by March 20 th, 2019.
4. Screening copies should be sent to us before festival starts.
More info: http://beffest.com/film-competition/