This is an independent film festival for the Baldivis community in Western Australia, sponsored by Hon. Reece Whitby MLA, Member for Baldivis and Baldivis Secondary College.
The theme for this year's event will be "Community Stories".
We are seeking entries that showcase the exemplary films being made in and around our local community.
We will be accepting music videos, short films, and documentaries with a duration limit of 5 minutes.
Entrants will be placed into categories with prizes, including:
Primary Schools, High Schools and the Broader Community.
Awards will be announced later in 2022.
These regulations apply to all submission categories:
1. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway and include a working screener accessible via FilmFreeway in order to be considered.
2. Previously submitted films are ineligible for consideration.
3. Only complete submissions will be considered.
4. The application fee is non-refundable.
5. All submissions must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
6. Baldivis Film Festival presents all films in their original language. Non-English language submissions must be accompanied by English subtitles.
7. Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for entry, but the link must be clearly marked as such. The festival will only be able to consider one version of each film submitted, and does not accept replacement cuts for consideration. Please take this into account when deciding when to submit the film.
8. Baldivis Film Festival is not responsible for the return of any physical submission materials: DVDs, decks, posters, etc.
Along with the above regulations, the following rules apply for submissions to be eligible to play in competition:
1. Preference is given to films that have a strong link to Baldivis and its surrounding suburbs. To be eligible to apply, we ask that films are made around Baldivis or by residents of Baldivis.
1. Preference is given to emerging filmmakers.
3. Students of all ages are encouraged to apply.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. All filmmakers will be notified of their status by October 31, 2022, via email.
2. Baldivis Film Festival is unable to provide feedback on any films.
3. The preferred format for submissions is a secure Vimeo link. Access to these links should be granted to Baldivis Film Festival for the duration of the submission period, up until the official notification date. Filmmakers are responsible for notifying the festival if their passwords have changed. If submitting a Vimeo link, it is strongly recommended that the “Watch Later” function is enabled.
4. We accept all content types with a preference for short films, documentaries & music videos.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting an application, I agree to the following terms:
1. I am authorised to submit this film to the Baldivis Film Festival.
2. All information provided in the application form is true, to the best of my knowledge.
3. If selected, grant Baldivis Film Festival the rights to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes in all media and on the festival’s website and for future years promotional material for the festival.
4. I hold Baldivis Film Festival harmless from damage or loss of the copy en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film.
5. This agreement constitutes approval that Baldivis Film Festival may present, exhibit and screen the film at the 2022 Baldivis Film Festival.