We are happy to create a platform where Bay Area students can showcase their films. FREE open call for film submission starts November 1st, welcoming all college students from the larger SF Bay Area to enter their short films of any genre. The festival will be held from in the historic Soda Center at Saint Marys College of California. University professors will be judging the entries based on aesthetic, technique, and content.
$50 prizes will be awarded to the best films, selected by our jury.
- Students MUST be enrolled or graduated within 2 years of an Undergraduate Bay Area University or Junior College (Proof of student ID is required).
- If you’re unsure if you attend or attended a Bay Area University and/or College, Please refer to the list of Bay Area Counties: San Mateo County, Contra Costa County, Alameda County, Santa Clara County, Marin County, Solano County, Sonoma County, San Francisco County, Napa County, Santa Cruz County, San Benito County, and Yolo County is accepted.
- Video MUST be between 0-35 minutes long.
- Films MUST have been created during your time as a student.
- All foreign language films MUST contain English subtitles.
- Short films previously screened in other festivals or online can be submitted.
- Work-in-progress films are accepted if the final product is submitted by February 1st.
- Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of BASS. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the creators schedule, BASS reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason.
- No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.