We are happy to create a platform where Bay Area students can showcase their films. FREE open call for film submission starts November 1st, welcoming all college students from the larger SF Bay Area to enter their short films of any genre. The festival will be held from in the historic Soda Center at Saint Marys College of California. University professors will be judging the entries based on aesthetic, technique, and content.
$50 prizes will be awarded to the best films, selected by our jury.
- Student must be enrolled or graduated within 2 years of a SF Bay Area University or Junior College. Proof of student ID is required.
- Video must be between 1 and 35 minutes long.
- Films must have been created during your time as a student.
- Shorts which have been screened in other festivals or online can be submitted.
- All foreign language films MUST contain English subtitles.
- Work-in-progress films are accepted if final product is submitted by February 15th.
- Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of BASS. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the creators schedule, BASS reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason.
- No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.