The Belhaven 52 Hour Film Challenge asks filmmakers to write, shoot, edit and upload a short film in just 52 hours! High school students, you have one week!
Check out a short video about this event: https://youtu.be/vhWqRR2Mia0
All participants will receive a $2000 scholarship towards studying Film Production at Belhaven University!
An award will be given to the Best Film in each of the categories: (1) High School Student (2) College Student and Adult/Non-student
(1) Filmmaking teams are limited to 4 CREW members in your category: 4 people in HS, 4 in college, or 4 in adult. You can have as many actors as you want.
(2) Filmmaking teams should register for the event by simply emailing your NAME and CATEGORY (HS, college, or adult) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) COLLEGE AND ADULT: On Friday, February 18 at 5:00PM, the theme and mandatory items to be included in the film will be emailed to you. You will then have 52 hours to write, shoot, edit, and upload the link to their films to our FilmFreeway account.
(4) HIGH SCHOOL: On Monday, February 14 at 8:00AM, the theme and mandatory items to be included in the film will be emailed to you. You will then have until February 21 at 12PM (noon) to write, shoot, edit, and upload the link to their films to our FilmFreeway account.
(5) Films must adhere to the announced theme and include the mandatory items; failure to do will result in the film being ineligible for screening. No refunds will be given for failing to adhere to the theme or include the mandatory items.
(6) The college and adult teams will then have 52 hours to write, shoot, edit, and upload the link to their films to our FilmFreeway account.
(7) Final films must be 10 minutes or less.
(8) The college and adult films must be uploaded by 9:00PM Central Time on Sunday, February 20. Films uploaded after that time will be ineligible.
(9) Films will be selected and adjudicated. The selected films will be screened on Wednesday March 9 at the Malco Grandview in Madison, MS.
(10) Since students are encouraged to participate and attend our screening, ALL FILMS (including the Adult/non-student category) must follow the standards of a PG-13 or PG rating. Standards include: no F words or similarly harsh language, no nudity, no underage tobacco use, no graphic drug use, no graphic violence, and no simulated sex. When in doubt, leave it out.