The Australian Womens Film Festival is a short film festival created by women, for women. AWFF wants to support, encourage and celebrate female storytellers by giving them a platform to showcase their talent both in front and behind the camera. Men are not excluded from being involved in AWFF, they just need to be willing to work with women!
The Australian Womens Film Festival offers the following award categories:
Best Film (Prize awarded)
Best Dramatic Film
Best Comedic Film
Best Animated Film
Best Documentary Film
One to Watch Award (for young filmmakers)
Audience Award (voted by audience on the night)
ALL FILMMAKERS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES & GUIDELINES:
One of the most unique aspects of our competition is that three of the five key creatives (Writer,Director, Producer, DOP and Editor) for every film must be female.
The film must pass the Bechdel Test by meeting the following three criteria:
(1) it has to have at least two women in it;
(2) who have a conversation;
(3) about something besides a man.
• Your film must be made after 1 January 2019
• Your film must never have been seen in public (including on-line)
• Your film must be no longer than 15 minutes (including titles and credits)
• Your film must be in 16:9 ratio and PAL format
• Your film must be uploaded by midnight AEST (24:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Sunday 9 February 2019.
• You must agree to ALL terms and conditions of entry as specified in the Terms & Conditions on our website.
** PLEASE COMPLETE ALL FIELDS IN THE SUBMISSION FORM, INCLUDING THE SPECIAL QUESTIONS AT THE END.
If your film is chosen for shortlisting or as a finalist we will also need the following materials, that you can upload at the time of submission so they are there. if you have them, ready if we need them:
1. Electronic Press Kit (EPK) - including synopsis, director's biography, cast and crew lists and other information about the film.
2. Film Stills - 4 stills, including at least 1 hero image (the one we would use for any publicity and programming) and at least 1 Behind the Scenes (BTS) image. Your hero image should be landscape format and 470 wide x 265 high pixels.
3. Director's headshot - portrait and 265 wide x 265 high pixels.
You MUST include a contact name, email address and phone number, suburb, state and postcode with your entry.
By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you are agreeing to the AWFF 2020 Terms and Conditions. Please read the full Terms and Conditions of entry to AWFF 2020 here: http://www.awff.com.au