Atlanta Technical College film festival (ATCFF) aims to highlight the high school, undergrad and graduate student films. Film Festival is accepting the submissions from young filmmakers worldwide. The film must be registered on FilmFreeway as student project.
Winners of each category will have the opportunity for their project to be considered for worldwide distribution!!!
Semi-Finalists, Finalists, and Winners will receive the FESTIVAL LAURELS.
All WINNERs of the categories will receive trophies that will be presented during the Awards Ceremony at the end of the festival.
The screening takes place on the campus of ATC. The categories are as follows:
🏆 Audience Choice
🏆 Best Short Film
🏆 Best Music Video
🏆 Best Documentary
🏆 Best Student Film of the Year
1. Submissions for the Atlanta Technical College film festival (ATCFF) are open to high school, undergrad, and graduate student films.
2. All films must be presented in their original language with English subtitles.
3. Films must have been completed after 1 January 2021. Premiere status is not required.
4. Short film entries must have a running time of 15 minutes.
5. Student films and videos must present proper documentation from their academic institution, for example, the academic ID of the director/producer or a letter of recommendation from an academic adviser or institution. Any films submitted as student films without proper identification will be disqualified from the category.
6. The film must be registered on FilmFreeway as a student project and be submitted two years after graduation.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable in case of any submission withdrawal.
8. Any changes to the rules will be at ATCFF’s discretion.
9. All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway.
10. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the ATCFF Selection Committee.
11. Criteria for judging are based on the creativity of visual images, production quality (irrespective of the cost of production), originality of storytelling, and entertainment value.
12. Submissions will be checked for their eligibility and judged only in their appropriate categories.
13. All Official Selections for each category will be announced on ATCFF social media platforms and will be notified through email.
14. The number of selections for each category is at the ATCFF Committee’s discretion. 15. Screening and Awarding Ceremony will be held on the campus of Atlanta Technical College. Any other announcements will be made on ATCFF's social media platforms.
1. Official Selection for each category will receive an ATCFF digital copy of the official ATCFF laurel.
2. Winner of the Best Student Film of the Year is chosen from all winners of the categories.
3. Winner of Best Student Film of the Year will receive a cash prize during the awarding ceremony.
4. Winners will be chosen by Juries composed of film industry professionals especially invited by the ATCFF festival director for this edition.
5. ATCFF will send the prize to them if the recipients are absent during the award ceremony.
6. Other additional award prizes may be given during the ceremony.
1. All official selections are included in the festival program for exhibition.
2. ATCFF reserves the right to choose other shortlisted films to be screened at the film festival.
3. The filmmakers and production companies must provide ATCFF with a copy of their films for screening at least 30 working days before the festival. This is to ensure the festival has enough time to check for any technical concerns and resolve them before the screening.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXHIBITION
1. All films must be of standard cinema aspect ratio and resolution (Square Pixels 1.0). Flat:1.85:1 2K (1998x1080) or 4K (3996x2160) Scope: 2.39:1 2K (2048×858) or 4K (4096x1716)
2. HD format is possible, but the filmmakers/producer must give ATCFF the right to re-format it for screening purposes. HD quality digital copy of the film in Quicktime (Pro Res 422) if applicable.
3. H264 (MP4) files can be accepted, provided the images are of excellent quality.
1. ATCFF is now granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival.
2. The filmmakers and the production company allow ATCFF to use their film’s Press Kit for promotional purposes.
3. Submitting any films to the festival means that the filmmakers and the production company agree with all the rules and regulations of ATCFF.
4. Filmmakers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Atlanta Technical College and its employees from any claims, lawsuits, or other costs resulting from either negligence or willful misconduct committed by filmmakers in association with the creation, production, publication, or distribution of film submitted to the ATC Film Festival.
5. Filmmakers grant Atlanta Technical College and its affiliates permission to use still images and video excerpts from submitted films, not to exceed one minute per film, for general marketing purposes by the College after the ATC Film Festival screening period has concluded.
6.If a distribution deal is secured through ATC Film Festival resources, the filmmaker agrees to pay Atlanta Technical College a 3% brokerage fee.