The 18th Athens ANIMFEST - International Animation Festival opens to Animation fans again this year.
Early bird fee: 10 euros, Standard fee: 16 euros
For submission are accepted ONLY animated movies in Short, Student, Experimental and Greek categories.
- SHORT ANIMATED MOVIE AWARDS
GRAND PRIX "ATHENA"
SPECIAL MENTIONS & DISTINCTIONS
- STUDENT ANIMATED MOVIE AWARDS
SPECIAL MENTIONS & DISTINCTIONS
- EXPERIMENTAL MOVIE AWARDS
- GREEK ANIMATED MOVIE AWARDS
- MUSIC AWARDS
* In Ancient Olympic Games all the winners were crowned by the judges with a wreath of a wild olive tree which was called "cotinos". This olive tree was behind the Τemple of Zeus in Olympia.
18th ATHENS ANIMFEST 2022 – Rules and Terms
[Terms and conditions update: 04 November 2022]
Categories for Entry
Athens Animfest welcomes only short (short, student, experimental, greek) animated movies.
Conditions for Entry
The following screening formats are eligible for inclusion: H.264
1. File extension: .mp4
2. Video Codec: H.264
3. Video Frame Rate: 24, 25, 29.97 or 30 fps
4. Aspect ratio: we accept any aspect ratio
5. Resolution: 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080
6. Field Dominance: Progressive
7. Audio: AAC 48 kHz
To be eligible, films must have been completed since 1 January 2021 and be 30 minutes or less in duration.
The official languages of the festival are English and Greek. To qualify for selection, all non-English language films must have an English-subtitled screening copy available.
The entrant agrees that up to 30’’ of their film, stills and film info may be used by the festival in promotional activities including screening a clip on television and on the festival’s website.
1. The festival will take place online and the screenings will be available worldwide, protected with password, only for registered users (up to 300 persons beyond participants).
2. Movies that are officially selected will stream online as part of their competition screening session twice in order to accommodate viewers from different time zones.
3. Depending on the circumstances, there is a possibility for the screening to be held in a natural environment, apart from online.
4. When submitting to Athens Animfest, you are agreeing to screen the submitted film during the dates of the festival.
5. You may not re-submit a project that was part of the official selection of a previous edition of the festival.
6. By submitting a film to Athens Animfest, the submitter represents that he or she has obtained the necessary consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has agreed to the terms.
7. Upon completion of the festival selection process, organizing committee will contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify him/her of the film’s acceptance status. Athens Animfest will not be held responsible for any failure to contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is responsibility of the submitter to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct.
8. Athens Animfest is under no obligation to provide to the submitter or any other representative of the film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film.
9. Athens Animfest does not pay screening fees for submitted films.
10. Athens Animfest has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at anytime without notice.
11. Entering a film implies the acceptance of these regulations.
Center of Animation, Audiovisual & Performing Arts
48, Patission str.
Submission Deadline: February 12th, 2023
Notification Date: February 20th, 2023
Event Date: March 16-19, 2023
Athens Animfest wishes you the best of luck.