Armenian Film Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to shining a spotlight on Armenian films and filmmakers. Founded in 2015 by husband and wife Armen and Mary Karaoghlanian, Armenian Film Society has held events around the world with guests such as Atom Egoyan, Mardik Martin, Sev Ohanian, and more. In 2023, on the 100th anniversary of Armenian cinema, Armenian Film Society will present its inaugural film festival.
1. Armenian Film Festival defines a short film as any film with a running time of under 40 minutes, and a feature film as any film with a running time of over 40 minutes.
2. Films produced within two years prior to Armenian Film Festival's event date are eligible.
3. Films that have had private, unpublicized screenings are eligible for submission to Armenian Film Festival.
4. Films that have been previously submitted to Armenian Film Festival are ineligible.
5. All applicants must complete the official festival submission form located on FilmFreeway.
6. Armenian Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film not submitted through these websites without refund of any application fees.
7. The applicant holds the sole responsibility of copyright clearance of any copyrighted material in the film. Films including unauthorized copyrighted material are ineligible.
8. Films not in English must be subtitled in English unless dialogue is minimal and not necessary for the comprehension of the film.
1. Films submitted by mail will not be returned. Films submitted by email will not be considered.
2. Armenian Film Festival will attempt, but is under no obligation, to view a submission that arrives after the designated deadline without refund of the submission fee.
3. Submitted films that qualify based on the regulations and eligibility requirements stated here will be seen by Armenian Film Festival programming staff and be considered equally with all other submissions.
4. Armenian Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film for non-payment of the submission fee. Armenian Film Festival will attempt to contact the applicant based on the contact information supplied at the time of submission in order to resolve non-payment status.
5. Applicants acknowledge that Armenian Film Festival reserves the right to change the nature of screenings and events due to circumstances related to public health and welfare or at the direction of local, state, or federal authorities. In such cases no submission refunds shall be issued.
6. Armenian Film Festival is under no obligation to provide comments regarding submitted films to any applicant. Armenian Film Festival is not responsible for any internal comments obtained by the applicant regarding their film.