ANIMART is a festival about student animation that takes place in Hydra, a very unique island of Greece, in Saronic Gulf, 90 minutes from Piraeus port.
ANIMART Festival schedule includes competition section with animated and experimental student movies, various tributes to famous professors and academics, presentations of schools, seminars, speeches, workshops, exhibitions, multi-disciplinary projects, interactive events, and open-air activities across the island.
ANIMART Festival welcomes the new generation of the animators and other experimental audiovisual artists from all over the world, offering the opportunity to exchange ideas, to enrich skills, to showcase artworks, to live an experiential way of creativity, and to enjoy ten summer days in Hydra island, Greece.
ANIMART Festival is held in collaboration with the Athens School of Fine Arts.
ANIMART Festival is under the Auspices of the Municipality of Hydra.
Submit for free your animated ideas now!
Three Special Mentions and three Distinctions
Music Award for original movie score.
15th ANIMART Festival 2021
Categories for Entry:
ANIMART Festival welcomes ONLY student animated and experimental movies from all over the world.
Important notice: Live action movies and documentaries are not accepted and will be rejected.
Conditions for Entry:
The following screening formats are eligible for inclusion: H.264
1. File extension: .mp4
2. Video Codec: H.264
3. Video Frame Rate: 24, 25, 29.97 or 30 fps
4. Aspect ratio: we accept any aspect ratio
5. Resolution: 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080
6. Field Dominance: Progressive
7. Audio: AAC 48 kHz
To be eligible, films must have been completed since 1st of January 2019 and be 30 minutes or less in duration.
The official languages of the festival are English and Greek.
To qualify for selection, all non-English language films must have an English-subtitled screening version available.
The submission of films must be proceed only via platform FilmFreeway.
The entrant agrees that up to 30’’ of their film, stills and film info may be used by the festival in promotional activities including screening a clip on television and on the festival’s website.
1. ANIMART Festival in case of the pandemic reasons will take place online and the screenings will be available worldwide, protected with password, only for registered users (up to 300 persons beyond participants).
2. Movies that are officially selected will stream online as part of their competition screening session twice in order to accommodate viewers from different time zones.
3. Depending on the circumstances, there is a possibility for the screening to be held in a natural environment, apart from online.
4. When submitting to ANIMART Festival, you are agreeing to screen the submitted film during the dates of the festival.
5. You may not re-submit a project that was part of the official selection of a previous edition of the festival.
6. By submitting a film to ANIMART Festival, the submitter represents that he or she has obtained the necessary consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has agreed to the terms.
7. Upon completion of ANIMART Festival selection process, organizing committee will contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify him/her of the film’s acceptance status. ANIMART Festival will not be held responsible for any failure to contact the submitter using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is responsibility of the submitter to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct.
8. ANIMART Festival is under no obligation to provide to the submitter or any other representative of the film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film.
9. ANIMART Festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films.
10. ANIMART Festival has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at anytime without notice.
11. ANIMART Festival encourages the participants to submit accessible animation films, otherwise, animation films that position inclusion and accessibility at the center of storytelling. Accessible films include CC or SDH subtitles for deaf and hard hearing people, and audio description for the visually impaired. Alternatively, the animation film should be about functional diversity, depicting the reality of disabled people known from a different point of view. Award: Professional graphic tablet.
12. Entering a film implies the acceptance of these regulations
EUROPEAN CENTER OF ANIMATION & ARTS
1, Ellis Str.
Submission Deadline: June 20, 2021
Notification Date: June 25, 2021
Event Date: Jule 15 - 25, 2021
The Animart Festival Team wishes you the best of luck.