Our festival is open to all genres. Our goal is to help the filmmaker promote their work, to meet new contacts and create a new audience. This is about you and we want you to use our stage.
Music. Film. Comedy. Art. - In late August, downtown Davenport will be brimming with energy as over a dozen venues host a wide variety of original live music, film screenings, comedians, and visual artists.
Cash & Trophy prizes for the top films in their category. Additional Honorable Mentions for excellence.
Best of Fest
Best Non-Student Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Student Film
As a condition of entering the Alternating Currents Film Fest, hereafter known as ACFF, I/we hereby certify that:
1. I/we am/are the sole creators of the film, script, short stories, poems which I/we have submitted to the ACFF.
2. I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title there to have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to ACFF.
3. I/we understand that the ACFF will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the ACFF.
4. I/we hereby grant the ACFF the nonexclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the ACFF.
5. For filmmakers: ACFF may transfer the submitted material to a hard drive for screening, if needed, and if the submitted material is selected for screening the submitted material may be used by ACFF for promotional purposes.
6. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless ACFF, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to ACFF.
7. I/we shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the ACFF shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The ACFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with ACFF.
8. I/we have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases,understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations and releases may change or be updated, and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates.
9. By being accepted into our festival, you are also eligible to be considered for the Executive Directors’ Curated Picks program which is being administered through the State of Iowa. If you are accepted into this program, your film will be included in a highlights reel celebrating some of the best films from Iowa's current film festival season. This curated programming will then be shown in various locations around the state in order to promote our film festivals as a whole and to celebrate the level of programming shown in communities from filmmakers around the world. It's important to note that your film will not be broadcast or shown on-line. If for any reason you would like to opt out of being eligible for this program, please contact the director of this festival. Otherwise, the state's film office will be in contact with you should your work be chosen. If you have any further questions or concerns about this program, please contact EJ Philby at email@example.com