Almagro International Film Festival (AIFF) born in 2018 with the aim of establishing a useful platform for the promotion of the audiovisual industry: a space and time for dissemination and promotion of audiovisual content, transforming the city of Almagro into a meeting point for filmmakers, favoring the exchange of initiatives and promoting a market open to the development of new projects.
AIFF will provide a showcase for the most interesting short format projects done within the last recent months, constituting a standard of quality and high level of commitment to the society & culture of Audiovisual Arts. In addition, the Festival has opened an important window to formats created for online distribution, bringing support to one of the most active and emerging sectors of the audiovisual industry: Internet.
Best International Short (Cash Prize of 500 €)
Best National Short (Cash Prize of 500 €)
Best Regional Short
Grand Jury's Special Award (Cash Prize of 750 €)
1. The present fifth edition of Almagro International Film Festival, hereinafter referred to as AIFF, is open to Filmmakers from the entire world and will take place in the city of Almagro, Spain from July 29th till August 7th 2022.
2. Any filming system is permitted as well as genre: Fiction, Animation or Documentary.
3. Running time will be no longer than 20 minutes; credits included.
4. Call for entries will close on May 27st 2022.
5. Shorts production must have been completed after January 1st, 2021.
6. It is essential Shorts which in their original language version are not in Spanish to be subtitled to that language if possible, otherwise, Captions will be sent to the festival to be translated to Spanish if selected.
7. Every Short must be subtitled to english language; including those which original version is Spanish.
8. Selection of Shorts will be in charge of the Special Committee of experts named by AIFF and announced in our Website by the end of June, 2022.
9. Films already submitted to previous editions will not be accepted.
10. Selected Shorts can be screened in any of the sections in contest according to AIFF’s criteria.
11. Participating Shorts must not have been screened at any exhibition, festival inside the province of Ciudad Real. However, in order to stimulate and support the production and circulation of regional audiovisual works, the Festival might organize a special section in which it will accept the nomination of short films produced in Castilla-La Mancha, regardless of whether they have been screened or not at other festivals or samples from this region of Spain.
12. For promoting Shorts and Festival, the Organizing Committee will use for no more than 1 minute movie clips from selected Shorts.
13. Short films can only be submitted online, by using any of the following platform www.filmfreeway.com or www.festhome.com. Registration fee for the festival will vary depending on the kind of deadline chosen (Early, Regular or Extended). It will be from €6 to €12 for Spanish short films and from €8 to €15 for foreign short films.
14. All Short screenings will be in digital format regardless their filming system.
15. The Organizing Committee will put in contact with all selected films in order to request the sending of projection file.
16. Formats accepted for screening purposes are, in this same order: MOV ProRes422HQ (preferred) or H.264; HD (1920x1080) or 2K (1998x1080/ 2048x858).
17. The Official Jury will consist of Cinema professionals and in charge of giving the awards. Their resolution is conclusive.
18. Shorts admitted to competition will opt for the Award within its category (Best Fiction, Best Animation, Best Documentary) both in the National section and in the International section. In addition, all the categories in competition will be eligible for the public prize and the grand jury's special prize. The Festival may also award the Best Regional Short Film Prize, to be chosen among the works produced in Castilla-La Mancha to be included in a Special Section that the Festival may conform according to the proposals received. prizes will be known in the awards Ceremony.
19. It is implicit the authorization of the authors or the owners of these rights for the projection by the festival of the selected works during the festival, without there being contractual obligations by the organization of the AIFF to the author, material or intellectual of the work, nor of any other representing society of any kind.
20. Participation in the Festival implies total acceptance of these rules.