The Alibag Film Festival brings together visionaries across industries and diverse audiences to celebrate the power of storytelling. A platform for independent film making, creative expression and immersive entertainment, Alibag supports emerging and established voices, discovers award-winning filmmakers, curates innovative and interactive experiences, and introduces new technology and ideas through panels, premieres, exhibitions, and live performances.
Second Best Film
Best International Film
Best Student Film
Best Marathi Short Film
Best Animation Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Music Video
Second Best Director
Best International Director
Best Student Director
Best Camera Work
Best Original Score
Best Creative Concept
Best Music Composition
The short film must have been completed after 1st January 2010
If you are submitting the film by Filmfreeway.com no need to send any documents to us
The film can be Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non - fiction or Animation.
Total running time must be less than 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits. No minimum running time limitation.
The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non- English films must have English sub- titles for festival presentation.
Censor Certificate is not mandatory for the film screening.
Multiple entries can be submitted
ASFF organization has right to use the entries / send / selected / nominated films, DVD and materials from the film for Festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn Festival will be organised in Alibag, Raigad, Maharashtra, India in January 2021
Film should be submitted before deadline. Film Festival is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous / incomplete particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Film submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit film without any physical / quality defects.
• Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, filmmakers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organizers.
• All films are judged equally based on:
o Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script)
o Production (Camera work, lighting, and shot composition)
o Post- Production(Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
o Image (Focus, color, and lighting)
o Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
• No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind.
• The decision of selection committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into Finalists will be notified by mail and/ or email. The Alibag Short Film Festival will use its best efforts to announce the selected films, winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
• By entering the Alibag Short Film Festival, contestants and/ or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Festival and its judges which are final and binding in all matters.
• Selection of films for Alibag Short Film Festival will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sector is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
• The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screening) in different cities of India on non- commercial basis. For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
• Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established herein. The Alibag Short Film Festival reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation
• Short films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
• Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/ or images presented in your short film. By entering the Festival, the entrant agrees that the Alibag Short Film Festival will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
• The Alibag Short Film Festival reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid.
• The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offence or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.
• Affidavits of winners less than 18 years of age at time of award must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by the Alibag Short Film Festival. All the legal issues, if any, shall be under the jurisdiction of High Courts only.
• Alibag Short Film Festival organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in respective festival as a contestant
• Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
• Any filmmaker, institution or organisation is strictly not allowed to use the name Alibag Short Film Festival' and festival logo and Official selection laurel for any commercial, non-commercial, cultural or personal use without the permission of the organising committee. If any person or organisation will find to do so strict legal action will be taken against the person and/ or concern institution, all the legal issues, shall be under the jurisdiction of High Courts only.