Alder International Short Film Festival (AISFF) is an annual competitive film festival held in the heart of Chicago. It is dedicated to short-film art, and to award a celebrity whose career of excellence promotes cinema, inspires audiences, and enhances the rich cultural heritage of Latin American cinema.
AISFF has been created to showcase the best national and international short films made by emerging and established artists passionate about the seventh art, to promote and support filmmakers around the world as well as to sharing with the audience great stories that make us think, laugh, cry and more.
The Alder International Short Film Festival accepts submissions for SHORT FILMS from 1 to 19:59 minutes** in duration to be considered by our jury. We accept submissions in the form of both FICTION and NON-FICTION shorts. All short films should have been completed after December 31, 2019. A team of professional screeners will evaluate all the submitted short films. All the highest scored films will be selected for the official competition. All short films chosen to be in ‘official selection’ will receive laurels and are automatically nominated for award categories. All short films accepted into ‘Official Selection’ will be screened in front of a live audience and have the opportunity for a Q&A session with on-site filmmakers and will be reviewed by at least three judges who will decide the best of the year of every category. All the winners will receive the Official Laurels and the winning-category certificate.
We are happy to welcome filmmakers from all over the world and short films of all genres. We are ready to be amazed by your films.
*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2021 EDITION ***
• Now in our plans for this 3rd Edition, we are settings the festival date in October 21-23 2021.
• The main plan is to have an in-person event for the US and simultaneously have an online event for the rest of the world.
• While we hope to have a full event in person, we still don't know if it will be possible due de COVID-19. We will plan on doing the safest option for our clients.
• The situation will be reviewed and evaluated every month. updates will be posted here, on our website and on our social networks.
• Refunds will only be made in case of complete cancellation of the festival, not if we have to move to a virtual event.
✪ Best Drama
✪ Best Thriller
✪ Best sci-fi
✪ Best Western
✪ Best Action
✪ Best Fantasy - Horror
✪ Best Comedy
✪ Best Animation
✪ Best Documentary
✪ Best Women in films
✪ Best Youth section -18
✪ Best LGBTQ+
✪ Best Latino - Hispanic
✪ Best Illinois
✪ Best Mobil phone
✪ Best film Direction
✪ Best First time direction
✪ Best Cinematography
✪ Best Production Design
✪ Best Sound Design
✪ Best Commercial - PSA´s
✪ Best Music Video Clip
✪ Best music concert
✪ Best Screenplay
✪ Best Actor
✪ Best Actress
✪ Susana Dosamante's award (Best best short film)
1. AISFF is open to all filmmakers from around the World, if under 18 years old please submit a Parent/guardian consent form by email to Alder.email@example.com
2. There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. AISFF will not pay screening fee to any film featured in the festival; there are no exceptions.
3. No premiere requirement, but being a premiere may determine film placement into key program blocks.
4. Film cannot require dual projection (interlock) or separate soundtracks.
5. Non-English film must be subtitled in English.
6. Films must be submitted through the official registration forms available on FilmFreeway.com
7. There is no limit to the amount of films that a filmmaker or producer may register.
8. If your Film is accepted into ‘Official Selection’, will be optional for promotional purposes to send an Electronic Press Kit (EPK) to Alder.firstname.lastname@example.org
• at least one still photo from the film (in jpg or tif format at 300 dpi)
• a synopsis of the film in English
• a brief biography of the director’s in English
• director’s photograph (in jpg or tif format at 300 dpi)
• film official poster HQ
• film credits
9. All shipping expenses for participating work, from their place of origin to the address of this organization, shall be paid exclusively by the participant. The festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials.
10. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted that may be used in the film. By submitting your film for consideration to the Alder International Short Film Festival (AISFF), you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. That, as entrant you are the copyright holder, you have rights to all included music and have public performance permission.
11. AISFF is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Showcase for promotional purposes. As well as use of photos taken at the Showcase events.
12. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the AISFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim including but not limited to involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. AISFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. AISFF will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change, without prior notice.
13. By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
- Eligible Short film entries must not exceed 20 minutes in total running time to include opening and end title/credit sequences.
- Films must have been completed AFTER December 31, 2019.
- Films completed before December 31, 2019 are NOT eligible.
- Eligible films must NOT be available to the public via current available distribution, online streaming, VOD, or any other streaming / video / broadcast service.