☆☆☆ 2020 is looking at online Festival options! ☆☆☆
☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ • • We are here for you! • • ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆
SEND US YOUR BEST - SEND US YOUR WORST!!!
Seriously - we want to see your BEST and WORST films!
(We have awards for both!)
We are a festival focused on ONE thing - you, the Independent Filmmaker !
SUNDAY SPOTLIGHT: A FULL DAY of films made by women!
AUSTIN INDIE FEST fills a major gap, finding a place for new film makers who want to compete in a high quality Film Festival, but aren't quite ready for large festivals like: SUNDANCE, CANNES, AFI, SXSW or the Austin Film Festival!
NO FAVORITES, NO CLIQUES - JUST GREAT FILMS!
The AUSTIN INDIE FEST will have a solid festival screening complete with:
All engineered to help you share your films with your audiences and become a better film maker!
We will have TONS of prizes for quality visual story telling!
(2020 will issue certificates due to COVID-19)
===== AWARDS CATEGORIES: =====
TRADITIONAL AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN, as well as awards focusing on lesser recognized positions of a film team like:
Set Design/Art Dept
Diversity in Casting
===== THE WORST FILMS: =====
Yes, we have a category for the WORST films you've ever made!
We ALLLLLLL have them in our film skeleton closet, so why not do something with it!!!
Just think- if you can win an award for your worst film, imagine what your best films can do!!!
What films do you have that are so bad that they could be considered the CULT CLASSIC - or - SO BAD IT'S GOOD?!?
***YOU MUST SUBMIT FOR THIS CATEGORY to be considered for this award!***
===== AWARDS SYSTEM: =====
Every film is entered into a SUBMISSION CATEGORY (ie- Feature, Short, Trailer, etc...) and competes only with films in that category.
ADD-ON's: Additional awards can be won with every "Add-on" category that you select, in effect doubling your chances at winning another quality award!
EXAMPLE: Jane, Mary and Jill all served in the military together and decided to make a superhero fan film as part of a web series. They submit their favorite episode to us [SUBMISSION: Fan Film, ADD-ON's: Super Hero, Webisode, Veterans and Women in Film] they could win an award in each category, making their chances at winning even greater!
NO WAIVERS, NO WAIVERS and ... NO WAIVERS!
1. ALL SUBMISSIONS should be under the required length for each category.
2. Submissions in other than English must be subtitled.
3. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
4. Online screeners are mandatory. Make sure you upload your project to FilmFreeway’s site and be sure to include the password if there is one.
5. PROOF OF STATUS may be required for the following: STUDENTS, VETERANS, MADE IN TEXAS.
6. Have the rights to your film. Don't use other people's films as a part of your own.
7. We will only do electronic screeners. If you make the final cut as an OFFICIAL SELECTION to be screened, we will ask to download your film through this website, Vimeo or YouTube.
8. NO REFUNDS. PERIOD.
9. If you decide to withdraw your film(s) for any reason, please let us know ASAP. Chances are we've already spent our time watching your film and have begun scheduling where the Official Selections fit in and any last minute changes really screw up everyone's schedule.
10. Visit our webpage to see any festival updates, possible Screening times and Award Nominations.
11. DO NOT CONTACT US to tell us about how important your project is, any hardships you've encountered during filming or how your pet "Fluffy" gave it's last bowl of food to make sure you could afford this festival entry. We get it - film making can be a challenge, but we will only judge your work based on what you submit, not your life story.
12. DO CONTACT US IF you've received a distribution deal or have a conflicting Festival that requires a "World Premier" or something like that. Let us know and send us a trailer that we could screen instead!
13. If you want to advertise in the official program and fill an entire page with your film(s)/Production Company information and/or Personal & Team Bios, please do that through our webpage.
14. Submission to our festival is considered consent to screen your film if selected. Screening options may be live and/or online.