Did you know?
The United Nation declared 2021 as the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.
That's why we are continuing the important work beyond 2021 of uplifting and supporting the growing creative economy committed to a more equitable and sustainable world with a series of online festivals and events including the February 2023 edition of the ARTS x SDGS Festival!
One of the most resilient groups that will come out of these challenging times is the artists. We will create. We will problem solve. We will find purpose in all of this. We will forge a new path for a greater world.
The ARTS x SDGS Online Festival is an artist-led festival, bringing together members of the growing creative economy and influential UN/NGO actors to promote arts, creativity and storytelling to promote acceleration of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs.)
A combination of creative arts programming, workshop facilitation and unique networking opportunities, the ARTS x SDGS Online Festival invests in the development of artists and storytellers who want to forge a career path or produce creative content around social good issues such as gender equality, climate change, sustainable production and consumption, health, education, peace and security and more.
We, therefore are opening up this Call for Submissions for a variety of creative content (documentary/narrative films, music, spoken word poetry, dance, visual arts) on the following SDGs:
GOAL 1: No Poverty
GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
GOAL 4: Quality Education
GOAL 5: Gender Equality
GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
GOAL 13: Climate Action
GOAL 14: Life Below Water
GOAL 15: Life on Land
GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
GOAL 17: Partnerships to Achieve the Goals
The ARTS x SDGS Online Festival will include showcasing of the most powerful, moving and informative content submitted. Creative workshops will include those focused on developing sustainable partnerships and securing contracted work with UN/NGO agencies, grant writing/fundraising, curating high-quality arts and storytelling into policy and programming events, and more.
The ARTS x SDGS Online Festival is a festival by and for artists. It is founded and curated by Create2030 Founder, Lisa Russell, MPH who is an Emmy-winning filmmaker with 15+ years producing films and creative projects for UN/NGO agencies. She has also been the curator for the Women Deliver Film Festival since 2010. The festival is co-founded by Chesney Snow. Chesney is an award-winning, New York-based theater artist, poet, songwriter, educator, life-long student, and one of NYC’s premiere human beatbox/vocal percussionists and a pioneering figure in American beatbox culture.
Our sixth edition of the festival will coincide with Make Music Day and the Juneteen Holidays.
Guest speakers and participating creative professionals will be announced on a rolling basis.
We look forward to seeing you in February!
Every artist accepted to the ARTS x SDGS Festival will receive a VIP festival pass and a festival laurel for the 2023 ARTS x SDGS Festival.
* Artists from around the world are invited to submit their original work to the ARTS x SDGS Festival. Artwork of all genres relating to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals will be considered.
* Submissions must be in English or with English subtitles.
* The production can take place at any time. A premiere status is not necessary.
* We welcome submissions via the FilmFreeway secure online screener system.
* More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form and entry fee.
* If your art is selected, then you will be asked to provide stills or clips; press materials; headshot and filmography of artist; b&w and/or color and video trailer (if available). Please do not send in press materials until asked to do so by the festival.
*Entry fees vary depending on time of submission and are non-refundable.
* All art entries selected for the Festival grant Create2030 the rights to use select footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes upon approval by the artist.
* All artwork submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the artist must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
* We cannot offer any payment for screening your artwork but during the festival offer several skills-building workshops for participating artists.