The Asia-Pacific Pioneer Film Festival is an online cinematic competition event for short films, feature films, scripts and web series.
APP Film Festival is the first festival which provides a platform and a range of opportunities and funds, specifically supporting young and creative film directors to develop their feature-length fiction films.
APP Film Festival starts a new, innovative and professional program that consists of 4 phases, over a period of 12 months. It will help participants to develop their film project step-by-step through funding, crewing, pre and post production as well as screening, distribution and promotion in the future.
Best Visual Effects
Best Fiction Film
TOP 10 Films
To be eligible for consideration, all Films must meet the following requirements:
1. The Film has been completed after 1 January 2015.
2. The Film has not and will not be screened in the state of Victoria, Australia, in any form or duration prior to 31 April 2018. This includes television and internet broadcasting. The only exceptions to this requirement are for private cast and crew screenings, and film school graduation screenings.
3. The Film is in English or Chinese, with English or Chinese subtitles if the original language is not either of these two.
Please note that:
1. Multiple entries are allowed, but you have to pay for each of them. Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment.
2. All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
3. If the name of the cardholder is different from the submitter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your payment information as well as the name of your work.
4. Please pay the entry fee via the Festival's official website, which is: http://www.appfilmfest.com/entry-fees/
If the Film is selected to screen at the 2018 Ceremony, it must be available in one of the following formats:
DCP (DCI Compliant)
All digital files for invited Films that will be screened at the Ceremony must be sent as unlocked DCPs.
The Festival will have the right in its sole discretion to schedule any number of screenings of any submitted Films, at its discretion.