With the high end digital cameras in hand, youngsters are making films which appeal to them. AIM, Avenues International Media was established with a mission to create a marketing distribution network for indie films.
Now, to have a one to one rapport with these young filmmakers, AIM is launching the AIM MUMBAI INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM CARNIVAL 2014 (AIM MISFC).
AIM's viewpoint behind this is to connect with the youth globally and honor the promising filmmakers. To catch their vibrant ... volatile thought process.. bring them together to form a global youth community of filmmakers.
So tickle your brain ... tackle unusual stories ... with twist in the tail... strong characterization.... compelling frames... appropriate lighting & compact script.... make a genuine effort ...
Submissions from all across the world are accepted.
1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes for both categories.
• The competition is open to any film or video completed after 1st Jan. 2010.
• Filmmakers may submit multiple qualifying films. Each film requires applicable fees for each submission.
• All films must be subtitled in English.
• Each entry must be submitted with completed entry form and entry fee.
• Do not submit Press Kits with your submission. Upon acceptance into the festival, Official
Selection notification will include instructions for Press Kit Submissions and required clearances.
• DVD entries must be clearly labeled with film title and all contact information & the submission code. Please use a Sharpie marker or print directly on the disk - disks with paper / self-adhesive labels will be disqualified. Recycled or scratched discs will be disqualified. Please send a new disc.
• DVD screeners to be sent to :
Avenues International Media. 101, Mahim United Industrial Estate, Mogul Lane, Mahim, Mumbai 400016. INDIA.
• If your film is disqualified for any reason your entry fee will not be refunded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Submission of an entry explicitly serves as a release for the AIM MISFC to use the work submitted in whole or part (including stills for promotion and publicity purposes).
• AIM MISFC accepts no responsibility for breaches in copyright. AIM MISFC will not engage in securing clearances for any of the films submitted. The entrant releases AIM MISFC for any and all claims and liabilities with respect to screening the entry before, during and after the festival.
• The entrant grants AIM MISFC the rights to reproduce the work submitted to include it as part of a compilation for the express purposes of promoting the festival and to exhibit the work by any means of communication to the public. • The entrant warrants that all rights of the submitted work are cleared for festival usage by the festival submission deadline. You will be notified via e-mail accordingly. The festival will not be held responsible for loss or damage through post or handling. The entrant submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless AIM Mumbai International Short Film Carnival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the films & / or screening videos entered.
Once the entry fee is paid, money will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The decisions of the jury are final.