AFRICA USA International Film Festival, Welcome!
Proud to partner with AFRICA USA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY (Africa-USA.org) and the PANAFRICAN GLOBAL TRADE CONFERENCE every October, "CONNECTING LEADERS FROM AFRICA, THE USA AND THE PAN AFRICAN DIASPORA".
Our judges are made of Youth leaders to keep perspective, Lovers of the World, the Artists and the Arts of Filming and Industry Professionals heavily connected with TV channels of various African Countries, always looking for good content. (list TBA)
Our Purpose: To provide a venue to showcase films from across the African and North American continents, in the hope of promoting mutual respect and understanding through cultural exchange. Indeed, we believe that only mutual respect and understanding can save the world from endless conflict, misery, waste, and destruction.
Today, more than ever, it is important that we understand that we are all a part of the vast human family -- all with the same cares, trials, and aspirations regardless of our continent, nationality, race, language, socio-economic status, gender, age, or sexual orientation.
The African-USA Film Festival is all about inclusion and representation, giving voice to the voiceless, bringing the invisible to light, and promoting the universality of love and compassion. We recognize that films present a unique way of telling stories to cut through our differences and to find our commonalities as humans existing on this planet at this particular time in history.
Our aim is to do our part to empower filmmakers to share their stories of strife, reconciliation, growth, mutual effort and achievement. Won’t you join us in this effort? We welcome your film submittals at AfricaUSAIntFilmFest.com.
The first Africa USA International Film Festival will take place in mid-Manhattan, New York City on November 5, 2023. In 2024 and thereafter.
For those of you traveling to NYC to attend our festival in person, we will be happy to provide any helpful tourism information and recommendations that our filmmakers and visitors may need to help navigate and make your stay pleasant and productive. Please email us with any questions or comments at AfricaUSAIntFilmFest@gmail.com.
Again, are you willing to help save the world through the healing balm of film? If so, we look forward to your submissions! Thank you.
Screening of the selected movies 10/10/23 to 10/14/23 this year (early deadline) -entries open-
Every mid October thereafter
in ATLANTA Georgia, USA at Clark University,
partnered with AFRICA USA Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Africa-USA.org) during the PANAFRICAN GLOBAL TRADE CONFERENCE, one week of African and American leaders meetings of the mind.
"CONNECTING LEADERS FROM AFRICA, THE USA AND THE PAN AFRICAN DIASPORA"
Our current Screening of the Winners and Award Ceremony will be held 11/5/2023 - entries closed
Screening of this season's Winners and Award Ceremony November 9, 2024
in Mid Manhattan - between Madison and 5th Ave (NO-MAD)- NY - USA
All the Finalists, Winners and Honorable Mentions will be listed on our website, which will be shared on our social media and with Influencers.
The Awards and Certificates are given in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Music Score
Best Women Film
Rules & Terms
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film.
By submitting your film into competition in the
AFRICAN USA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (AUIFF), you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
AUIFF is open to any film, regardless of content, subject, or origin.
Submitting your film to the AUIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
All the winning films will receive an award or certificate.
We treat every filmmaker equally.
Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
Select annual winners will be pitched to Industry, and or distribution, Amazon Prime, Netflix and other platforms.
1. Films made in languages other than English should seek assistance to include English subtitles, we will seek to help organize that assistance.
2. The AUIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
3. The AUIFF will not refund any fees. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the AUIFF programming director or producers. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
4. After a film has been in an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by the judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo with or without the laurels on your poster.
5. A nominee will be privately screened for the AUIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
6. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. AUIFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.