The Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFMX) has hosted an average of 10,000 attendees each year and presents a fusion of film, music, Center Stage Conversations, and special events that create a unique and intimate experience for everyone in attendance.
AFMX brings together award-winning and up-and-coming filmmakers and musicians to showcase and celebrate film and music, and provide a platform for education, collaboration, discovery and the sharing of stories.
To enhance cultural richness by integrating film and music programs that provide entertainment and education for the community, contribute to the creative economy and support Albuquerque as an epicenter for film, music and the arts.
AFMX is very selective with films that have the highest production quality and value when it comes to cinematography, sound, music, editing, lighting, acting, and all of the other details that go into making a great film. We look forward to reviewing your project, and thank you for submitting.
The Albuquerque Film & Music Experience is presented by the AFME Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
For a listing of Past Attendees, please visit www.afmxnm.com/past-participants
Unique Native American pottery awards, budgeting and producing software packages and certificates are presented for the following categories at the Closing Awards Ceremony:
Robert & Sibylle Redford Award for Creative Achievement
Dennis Hopper "Easy Rider" Award
AFMX Social Impact Award
AFMX Music Award
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Student Film - Narrative or Short
Best Animated Film - Narrative or Short
Best Director Narrative Feature
Best Director Documentary Feature
Best Director Narrative Short
Best Director Documentary Short
Best Music Video
Best New Mexico Film - Narrative or Short
To view Past Award Winners, please visit www.afmxnm.com/award-winners
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting to the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience, filmmakers understand the terms and conditions and have read the below guidelines. Films already in distribution or on public platforms such as Vimeo or YouTube are welcome to submit, but will not be considered for awards.
The following will apply IF your film is selected:
1. The film will be screened during the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award under the categories you submit your film.
2. The exhibition copy of the film will be sent to AFMX either as a downloadable, non-password protected Vimeo file, YouTube or a compressed, downloadable, electronic file (mp4 preferred). ALL films must be received no later than Saturday, July 16, 2022.
IF YOUR SCREENING/EXHIBITION COPY IS NOT RECEIVED BY SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2022, IT MAY NOT BE SCREENED AS PART OF OUR PROGRAM.
3. Any use of the film outside of our screening team MUST be approved by the filmmaker. This may include a private screening for the press to write a story on the film.
4. A sample clip of the film or trailer may be promoted via the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience website, ticketing site utilized by AFMX, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, or any other social media site with respect to promoting AFMX and the screening of the film.
5. You permit AFMX to use your name and stills from the film submitted on FilmFreeway (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all movie submissions:
1. AFMX retains the right to archive the submitted file or copy of the film in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without your permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire AFMX screening committee.
2. AFMX will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review submissions, which may include the film.
3. AFMX will not return any thumb drives, hard drives or discs received unless filmmaker requests and pays for shipping. Filmmakers are responsible to supply a prepaid, self addressed envelope or packaging to AFMX that should be sent with original shipment of exhibition copy if a physical copy is sent.
4. AFMX does not provide refunds on submission fees.
You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one film. Entry fees are per film entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway. Please contact AFMX if you need to re-submit your project for any reason.
All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified regarding acceptance by Monday, June 20, 2022 by the email address provided at the time of submission.
We highly suggested that all filmmakers whose work is submitted and accepted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience prepare to represent their film in the festival.