**Please Enter your film in One Category Only!**
The 7th Siding Festival of Film has a special interest and preference in submissions that are 'Rural' and or remotely produced locations outside of urban centre’s.
Films can be any genre including drama, documentary, animated, music video, virtual reality, experimental and student.
Films must be Independently produced.
Enter your film in one category only.
Due to current global situations we are restructuring the festival to accommodate new regulations.
This year the festival will be held outdoors for social distancing. We have decided to run the festival in four parts with one screening a month over four months.
Our first screening date is mid August 2021.
There will be a September, October and November screening.
Films are exhibited in 4 venues in Creston, including the single screen Art Deco style Tivoli Theatre. First opened in November 1938 this 250-seat theatre is modernized with a Christie-equipped digital projector.
One of British Columbia's largest and premiere agricultural regions, the Creston Valley enjoys proximity to the United States (10 minute drive to the border with Idaho), excellent accommodations, a vibrant downtown core and state-of-the-art recreational facilities -- all at play in the region's unique confluence of strong foodie and arts cultures, with its incredible restaurants, galleries and myriad points of interest along Kootenay Lake.
'7th Siding' was the original name for Creston, BC.
7th Siding Festival of Film is a non competitive festival dedicated to promoting the awareness, appreciation and education of the cinema arts,
Rules and Regulations :
**Enter your film in One Category Only**
- 7th Siding defines ‘Rural’ and remote films as those with a focus on and/or produced in non-urban environments.
**- films which are submitted and deemed non-Rural by exhibiting urban scenes or metropolitan city-scenes, risk being declined.**
- Films can be any genre including drama, documentary, animation, experimental, music video, student and feature.
- Films must be Independently produced.
- short film is less than 30 minutes in length.
- medium and feature films are more than 30 minutes in length.
- Submissions will be juried for acceptance of rules and regulations as set out by the 7th Siding Festival of Film.
- Student films and other film school submissions are welcome.
If your film is a Student project, enter it in the ‘Student Category’ only.!
- Foreign-language films must be English subtitled. No over-dubbing, please.
- The Filmmaker also authorizes the Festival to use a short clip less than 30 seconds for promotional purposes only.
- All film genres and derivations thereof are welcome. However, films seen as containing gratuitous scenes of violence, racism, sexual assault, exploitation or political extremism will be declined.