Welcome to the sixth Annual 12°N, 61°W Grenada Film Festival (1261FilmFestival) from October 24 to 27, 2024!
Celebrate the diverse stories of Grenada, the Caribbean, and the African diaspora through captivating films highlighting the importance of representation. Our lineup features works by filmmakers from these regions, fostering dialogue for a more inclusive film industry.
Join us in October 2024 to celebrate storytelling and representation at the picturesque tri-island state of Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique!
Best Documentary (feature/short)
Best Fiction (feature/short)
Best Grenadian Film (feature/short)
Thank you for your interest in submitting your film to the 12°N, 61°W Grenada Film Festival (1261FilmFestival) via FilmFreeway. We welcome all films and videos focusing on subject matters about the culture and experiences of Grenada, the Caribbean, or the African diaspora.
Please read the following rules and terms carefully before submitting your film.
1. Eligibility: We only accept films by Grenadians, Caribbean nationals, or filmmakers from the African diaspora community. Your film can be in any genre, including children's movies, LGBTQ films, music videos, and animation. It must be a narrative or documentary feature film over 60 minutes or a short film under 40 minutes.
2. Submission: All submissions must be made through FilmFreeway. Submission must include an online screener, a trailer (if available), synopsis, credit sheet, running time & format, and film promo HD image/poster. Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
3. Deadlines: The submission deadline is June 30, 2023. Late Deadline: July 31, 2023. We will not accept any submissions after this date.
4. Fees/Waivers: The submission fee is non-refundable. Limited waivers are granted only to filmmakers experiencing hardship at the festival's organizer's discretion.
5. Selection process: Our selection committee will review all films, and the festival organizers will make the final decisions. Submission does not guarantee acceptance to show at the festival.
6. Screening: If your film is selected for screening, you will be notified by email. The festival organizers will determine the screening's date, time, and location. You will be responsible for delivering a high-quality digital copy of your film to the festival organizers.
7. Promotion: By submitting your film, you grant us the right to use excerpts of your film and related materials for promotional purposes.
8. Ownership: You must own or have secured all necessary rights for submission consideration, and your film does not infringe on the rights of any third parties. Neither the 12°N, 61°W Grenada Film Festival nor any 1261FilmFestival venues, partners, or agents will be held liable for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work submitted.
9. Withdrawal: You may withdraw your submission by sending a written request to the festival organizers.
Thank you for your interest in the 1261 Film Festival. We look forward to seeing your film and celebrating the rich culture and experiences of Grenada, your story, and the stories of our community!
Response from festival:
We are thrilled the festival held special significance for you with your film's ties to the Caribbean and Grenada. We appreciate your positive feedback on the film selection and the platform for Caribbean diaspora filmmakers. Your encouragement for the festival's future is invaluable. It was an honor to be part of your Grenada journey after 38 years, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Thank you!