Welcome to the fifth Annual 12°N, 61°W Film Festival (1261FilmFestival), where we celebrate the richness and diversity of Grenadian, Caribbean, and African diaspora stories, October 25 - 29, 2023!
From the beautiful landscapes of Grenada to the vibrant cultures of the Caribbean and the complex history of the African diaspora, our films will take you on a journey that will captivate your senses and touch your heart.
One of the key themes of this year's festival is the power of representation. We believe everyone deserves to see themselves reflected in our stories and that by sharing diverse perspectives, we can create a more just and equitable world.
Our lineup includes films from Grenadian, Caribbean, and African diaspora filmmakers, each showcasing these communities' unique experiences and perspectives. From documentaries that uncover hidden histories to fictional stories that transport us to other worlds, our films will challenge, inspire, and make you feel seen.
But the festival is more than just a showcase of films. It's a space for dialogue and exchange where filmmakers, audiences, and industry professionals can discuss the issues and ideas that matter most. We believe that creating a community around these stories can build a more inclusive and equitable film industry.
So join us for this year's 1261 Film Festival, where we celebrate storytelling's power and representation's importance. Together, we can push for a world where everyone's stories are heard and valued.
We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful tri-island state of Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique, in October 2023!
Best Documentary (feature/short)
Best Fiction (feature/short)
Best Grenadian Film (feature/short)
Thank you for your interest in submitting your film to the 112°N, 61°W Film Festival (1261FilmFestival) via FilmFreeway. We welcome all films and videos focusing on subject matters about the culture and experiences of Grenada, the Caribbean, or the African diaspora.
Please read the following rules and terms carefully before submitting your film.
1. Eligibility: We only accept films by Grenadians, Caribbean nationals, or filmmakers from the African diaspora community. Your film can be in any genre, including children's movies, LGBTQ films, music videos, and animation. It must be a narrative or documentary feature film over 60 minutes or a short film under 40 minutes.
2. Submission: All submissions must be made through FilmFreeway. Submission must include an online screener, a trailer (if available), synopsis, credit sheet, running time & format, and film promo HD image/poster. Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
3. Deadlines: The submission deadline is June 30, 2023. Late Deadline: July 31, 2023. We will not accept any submissions after this date.
4. Fees/Waivers: The submission fee is non-refundable. Limited waivers are granted only to filmmakers experiencing hardship at the festival's organizer's discretion.
5. Selection process: Our selection committee will review all films, and the festival organizers will make the final decisions. Submission does not guarantee acceptance to show at the festival.
6. Screening: If your film is selected for screening, you will be notified by email. The festival organizers will determine the screening's date, time, and location. You will be responsible for delivering a high-quality digital copy of your film to the festival organizers.
7. Promotion: By submitting your film, you grant us the right to use excerpts of your film and related materials for promotional purposes.
8. Ownership: You must own or have secured all necessary rights for submission consideration, and your film does not infringe on the rights of any third parties. Neither the 12°N, 61°W Film Festival nor any 1261FilmFestival venues, partners, or agents will be held liable for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work submitted.
9. Withdrawal: You may withdraw your submission by sending a written request to the festival organizers.
Thank you for your interest in the 1261 Film Festival. We look forward to seeing your film and celebrating the rich culture and experiences of Grenada, your story, and the stories of our community!