TRANSLATIONS: SEATTLE TRANSGENDER FILM FESTIVAL 2021 - VIRTUAL EVENT
Translations: Seattle Transgender Film Festival is a groundbreaking film festival that provides the Pacific Northwest with a venue for films by, for, and about transgender people and the issues facing the transgender community. Launched in 2006, Translations is one of only a few transgender film festivals in the world, and places emphasis on visibility and positive representations.
Translations is produced by Three Dollar Bill Cinema, an organization that strengthens, connects, and reflects diverse communities through queer film and media. We recognize that the term transgender is an umbrella term that fits many different types of people, as well as not fitting some people at all. We strive to provide a place for the exploration of transgender identities and issues through cinema, as the community continues to evolve with time.
Translations includes programs such as presentations, clip shows, discussions, premieres, and archival films.
Jury and Audience awards are given for Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary Feature, Best Narrative Short and Best Documentary Short.
1. Preview screeners will be accepted online via FilmFreeway or emailed to email@example.com.
2. If your work is accepted, we require your digital exhibition copy to be sent via email or file transfer on or before March 31, 2021.
3. Once a film is submitted, it may not be withdrawn.
4. All films must have trans/non-binary/gender non-conforming content
5. If your film is accepted, Translations does not pay rental fees. Rather, as a largely volunteer run festival, we devote our resources to producing the best possible programming for your film and promoting your work as widely as possible.
6. If your film is selected we will require captions for our virtual exhibition. These can be either open or closed captions, or subtitles. You will need to provide either a caption file (.srt or .vtt), or a version of your film with captions burned in. If you do not have captions for your film please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for captioning information. This is a part of our larger effort to make our programming more accessible, and will allow a larger audience to enjoy your film.