TRANSLATIONS: SEATTLE TRANSGENDER FILM FESTIVAL 2022
Translations: Seattle Trans Film Festival showcases films by, for and about trans, non-binary, and gender non-confirming people. Launched in 2006, Translations is one of only nine trans-focused film festivals in the world, providing an innovative space for creation and connection for under-represented and marginalized identities. A vital community space, this hybrid festival unites audiences and filmmakers from around the globe. Through virtual and in-person screenings, parties, panels, workshops, and community meet-ups, Translations invests in relationships that build bridges and advocate for a more equitable future.
Translations is produced by Three Dollar Bill Cinema, an organization that strengthens, connects, and reflects diverse communities through queer film and media. We recognize that the term transgender is an umbrella term that fits many different types of people, as well as not fitting some people at all. We strive to provide a place for the exploration of transgender identities and issues through cinema, as the community continues to evolve with time.
Jury and Audience awards are given for Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary Feature, Best Narrative Short and Best Documentary Short.
* If your film is selected we will require captions for our virtual exhibition. These can be either open or closed captions, or subtitles. You will need to provide either a caption file (.srt or .vtt), or a version of your film with captions burned in. If you do not have captions for your film please contact email@example.com for captioning information. This is a part of our larger effort to make our programming more accessible, and will allow a larger audience to enjoy your film.
* Preview screeners will be accepted online via FilmFreeway or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If your work is accepted, we require your digital exhibition copy to be sent via email or file transfer on or before March 31, 2022.
* All films must have trans/non-binary/gender non-conforming content
* If your film is accepted, Translations does not pay rental fees. Rather, as a largely volunteer run festival, we devote our resources to producing the best possible programming for your film and promoting your work as widely as possible.