SHOTS is an International Short Film Festival based in the Peace messenger city Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia and will be holding its fourth edition in August 2019. The festival is created by a crew of young independent filmmakers who want to show quality short films from around the globe. We invite international independent filmmakers who would like to show their work to an international jury and audience that enjoys new and unique approaches to cinema. We focus on finding diverse and alternative independent films with strong characters and story line. We encourage all filmmakers to submit their films, regardless of ethnicity, religion or worldview. All genres are extremely welcome! We will screen all the accepted films in front of a live audience. Since it is a 3-day festival we can show only a limited number of short films, so all the accepted films will be nominated for an award and invited to Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia for the duration of the festival.
As we are rated one of the 100 best film festivals please check out our reviews by other filmmakers and see why we strive to be the best. We are filmmakers ourselves and want to give you a unique and respectful experience. Join us on our ride through the world of film! :)
You can also check out the SHOTS festival video on Youtube:
We will grant up to eight awards for the most amazing films submitted to the festival. The international jury will pick the most outstanding movie from each category and award independent filmmakers from around the world. The prizes are in form of unique statues and festival gifts.
* Best movie of the festival
* Best Actor
* Best Actress
* Best Writing/Story
* Best Cinematography
* Best Student film
* Best documentary
* Audience choice award
We accept films of any genre that are up to 30 minutes in lenght. Submissions are possible only via Filmfreeway! We accept any film that has been completed after January 1, 2000. Films that have debuted online are ineligible. The accepted/nominated film authors will be invited to stay in Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia for the festival dates. We hope you will enjoy our company!
Subtitles: Please submit subtitles on all work except English narratives. Every film spoken in an language different than English must have English subtitles, since this is an international festival.
All films are first viewed by the festival programmers and if selected given to the jury which will decide which films will be awarded in each category. Our programmers and jury will make final decisions and notify filmmakers accordingly. All decisions are final and feedback for individual films is not available.
We will nominate according to categories listed above and select the winning film in each category in the official selection. Winner is entitled to use to laurels on poster and all marketing material.
SHOTS reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
- All submission fees are non-refundable. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
- The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
- The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
- Only producers, directors, and main actors/actress can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony. Regardless of their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia will only receive laurels. If you wish you can get your prize via mail but have to cover to extra cost of shipping. We reserve the right to withhold the screening of 2019 if less than 100 submissions has been submitted 2019 . Winners will still be announced online and in press. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the SHOTS.
Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally (partly) telecast for promotion purposes only.