Sin City Horror Fest was founded in 2016 by friends and fellow filmmakers Darren Flores, Mike Lenzini, Justin Bergonzoni, Drew Marvick and Clay Lake. The quintet have a passion for film and the horror genre and wanted to create an outlet for independent horror filmmakers to showcase and celebrate their work.
We present our 2022 Sin City Horror Fest Award Winners!
Best Feature: Shot In The Dark
Best Director: Scott Slone, Malibu Horror Story
Best Screenplay: Evan Richards, Cognitive
Best Cinematography: Ryan Thiessen, Night Shift
Best Editing: Evan Richards, Cognitive
Best Actor: Kristoffer McMillan, Shot In The Dark
Best Actress: Jessica Vano, Chamber of Terror
Best Special FX: Night of the Bastard
Best Score: David Risdahl, Night Shift
Best Sound Design : Night Shift
Best Kill: Teddy Told Me To
Best Killer: Shot In The Dark
Best Short: Dana
Best Director: Simon Matthew Valentine, Tistlebu
Best Screenplay: Samuel Scott, Spoons
Best Cinematography: Jeff Zwicker, In the Shadow of God
Best Editing: Melissa Burns, Velma
Best Actor: Seo Yuduck, The Masterpiece
Best Actress: Malou Coindreau, Incubus
Best Special FX: Human Trash
Best Score: Gerrit Wunder, Old Time Radio
Best Sound Design : Chris Southwell, Incubus
Best Kill: The Peeper, (stiletto heel through the head)
Best Killer: It Lives in a Cave in the Woods
Rising Star: Tyler Najera, The Portrait of Michael Volger
Congratulations to all of the winners!
- SIN CITY HORROR FEST is open to all short and feature films that fall under the horror genre.
-Students may submit their film for free, but must have student ID/proof of enrollment.
- All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway for review purposes.
- Must own all rights to the work that you're submitting or have permission which you must show proof of.
- The main contact submitting must be authorized to do so and must have permission from any sales agents or distributors involved.
- When completing the submission process you agree to have the necessary rights for screening the film at SIN CITY HORROR FEST.
- Foreign language films are welcomed however, we must insist that non-English dialogue movies be subtitled in English. We prefer not to have them dubbed.
- Only one film per entry however, you may submit as many films and shorts as you want.
- There are NO Specified Dates required for Production.
- Entrants will permit Sin City Horror Fest to use the title of the work submitted, log-line, names, contact information and/ or likeness & publicity stills in pre & post publicity & promotional efforts.
- Please let us know if the screening will be a Premiere of any kind. World/ US/ Nevada/ etc.
- Submissions fees are non-refundable and final.
-Dates for the festival are subject to change