This is your chance to be seen!! Short Cuts is a Film Festival/Television program created to showcase videos created by high school students in the tri-county area of South Florida (Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach). This online festival (and corresponding television program) showcases a variety of video productions, including short films, short documentaries, comedic shorts, mock film trailers, music videos, animated shorts, commercial/psa's and cell phone creations. Chosen submissions will be aired on BECON-TV (WBEC TV), which broadcasts throughout all of South Florida.
Short Cuts will also offer seminars to help develop future filmmakers in the South Florida area.
View Short Cuts here: https://bit.ly/2z4DaSM
All chosen submissions will be included in the Short Cuts Television show produced by BECON-TV. BECON-TV (WBEC TV) is a nonprofit, noncommercial television station owned by the School Board of Broward County with a potential audience of over 6 million people across the South Florida tri-county area.
The film’s director(s) must be in a Broward, Dade or Palm Beach high school or middle school while filming the project.
All films must have been finalized no earlier than 2019.
All music and other copyrighted material (images, videos, etc.) used in the films must be properly licensed and may not infringe on the copyright, trademark or other rights of any individual or company. BECON-TV will be able to assist in providing royalty-free music if needed.
Films must be appropriate for a high school television audience. No guns or threatening weapons and unnecessary use of profanity, sex, or violence is allowed.
Films must be submitted digitally and no physical copies are allowed.
You agree to give BECON-TV rights to broadcast your film (either on our website, Broadcast Channel or another video platform).
By submitting your film to Short Cuts you are agreeing to the following conditions:
-I am authorized to submit this for consideration and have read, understood and agreed to all entry requirements.
- I authorize BECON-TV to broadcast all entries submitted.
- I authorize BECON-TV to post all entries submitted on related websites.
- All rights and permissions are in place for my submission (it is the sole responsibility of the applicant to obtain any and all necessary rights and permissions, including and not limited to copyright music, media releases and/or permissions from all persons seen and heard in the submission).
- By submitting my film for consideration, I grant permission to BECON-TV to use any portion of my film and related materials for promotion in all media, including BECON-TV/Short Cuts flyers, posters, social media sites, Youtube channel, Eduvision site, and the website. The individual or individuals submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and or broadcast, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless BECON-TV from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the videos entered.
- I am DULY authorized to submit this film to BECON-TV and I have read, understood and agreed to all entry requirements.
- All submitted films are in competition.
- All of the above information and statements are accurate.