This is your chance to be seen!! Short Cuts is a Film Festival/Television program created to showcase videos created by high school students in the tri-county area of South Florida (Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach). This online festival (and corresponding television program) showcases a variety of video productions, including short films, short documentaries, comedic shorts, mock film trailers, music videos, animated shorts, commercial/psa's and cell phone creations. Chosen submissions will be aired on BECON-TV (WBEC TV), which broadcasts throughout all of South Florida.
Short Cuts will also offer seminars to help develop future filmmakers in the South Florida area.
View Short Cuts here: www.youtube.com/shortcutstvshow
All chosen submissions will be included in the Short Cuts Television show produced by BECON-TV. BECON-TV (WBEC TV) is a nonprofit, noncommercial television station owned by the School Board of Broward County with a potential audience of over 6 million people across the South Florida tri-county area.
-The film’s director(s) must be in a Broward, Dade or Palm Beach high school or middle school while filming the project.
-All films must have been finalized before high school graduation.
-Entrants verify that all actors and/or persons visable in the project give permission to the School Board of Broward County, Florida and BECON-TV to use these finished materials and their likeness for educational purposes and/or to promote the positive aspects of BECON-TV and/or Broward County Schools through communication media such as newspapers, radio, social media, online and television. I further realize that all such uses and distribution by the Broward County School Board shall be within their sole discretion.
-All music and other copyrighted material (images, videos, etc.) used in the films must be properly licensed and may not infringe on the copyright, trademark or other rights of any individual or company. BECON-TV will be able to assist in providing royalty-free music if needed.
-Student-Appropriate Content Only: No guns or threatening weapons, pointless drug/alcohol/tobacco use, unnecessary use of profanity, blatant sexuality, or violence (i.e. glorifying destructive behaviors), nudity, child peril, and content deemed inappropriate for BECON-TV audiences, is allowed.
-Films must be submitted digitally and no physical copies are allowed.
-You agree to give BECON-TV rights to broadcast your film (either on our website, Broadcast Channel or another video platform).
-Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to Short Cuts. As the Director/Producer of the Film, entrants represent and warrant to Short Cuts that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Short Cuts; the Film entrants submitted to Short Cutsl is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation
By submitting your film to Short Cuts you are agreeing to the following conditions:
-I am authorized to submit this for consideration and have read, understood and agreed to all entry requirements.
- I authorize BECON-TV to broadcast all entries submitted.
- I authorize BECON-TV to post all entries submitted on related websites and social media outlets.
- I authorize BECON-TV to edit portions that are inappropriate for high school television audiences.
- All rights and permissions are in place for my submission (it is the sole responsibility of the applicant to obtain any and all necessary rights and permissions, including and not limited to copyright music, media releases and/or permissions from all persons seen and heard in the submission).
- By submitting my film for consideration, I grant permission to BECON-TV to use any portion of my film and related materials for promotion in all media, including BECON-TV/Short Cuts flyers, posters, social media sites, Youtube channel, Eduvision site, and the website. The individual or individuals submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and or broadcast, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless BECON-TV from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the videos entered.
- I am DULY authorized to submit this film to BECON-TV and I have read, understood and agreed to all entry requirements.
- All submitted films are in competition.
- All of the above information and statements are accurate.