The 17th edition of the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest, the only Flemish genre film festival, takes place in Fall 2024, in the city center of Bruges. During the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest, we present a quality selection of the best national and international genre films (fantasy, thrillers, action, fantastic comedies, animated films,...) to our audience, in a unique, intimate and cosy atmosphere! We also welcome many guests and we host lectures and Q&A's that enrich the visitor’s knowledge.
YOUNG BLOOD AWARD
With YOUNG BLOOD, the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest offers a platform to starting film makers (first or second movie) and we put the spotlights on talented newcomers from the international genre film. The YOUNG BLOOD AWARD rewards the best international starting film maker in the genre film.
In view of our adherence to the Méliès International Festivals Federation (MIFF), we organize the MELIES D'ARGENT SHORTS COMPETITION, that awards the best European fantastic short film (max. 25 minutes). With this competition, the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest wants to support beginning and innovative European talented makers of short films and highlight the quality fantastic short film. The winner of the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest nomination can compete, along with other European nomination winners, for the Méliès d’Or for BEST EUROPEAN FANTASTIC SHORT FILM.
At the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest, we also give the audience a voice by awarding an audience award for best short film and best feature film!
- The submitted film can’t be released on the Belgian sales and or VOD market before November 4th, 2024.
- Only films that are produced within 12 months prior to the Razor Reel Flanders Film Fest, are selected
- Only films that are spoken in English or Dutch and/or subtitled in English or Dutch, are accepted
- Short films can’t last longer than 25 minutes, including credits
- If a film submitted on this platform is selected, the RRFFF will not accept screening fees of any kind.
- If a film submitted on this platform is selected, the RRFFF can help out with print traffic, please contact us before sending over physical files.
- Selected shorts submitted on this platform, are send to us as a digital file. DCP can be used as a back-up but we always need a digital file to work with.
I am the owner of this entry and it is my original work. I am submitting this work for review. While I understand that I retain all rights to ownership of the work, I hereby give the Razor Reel Flanders Film Festival permission to feature, advertise, display, in whole or in part, the work titled and described above. I certify that all music used in this film is legally obtained and all rights are paid in full. I give permission to Razor Reel & the RRFFF to use stills, titles, film clips, trailers and information about the film for advertising the film for the festival.