Niagara Canada International Film Festival (NIFF) is conducting an innovative international film festival and invites participation from aspiring and upcoming independent filmmakers. A unique film Festival, focusing on opportunity creation for global filmmakers.
[Niagara Canada International Film Festival is to promote new movie makers, exchange of knowledge, information, ideas & culture between Canadian & other nations in context of their social and cultural ethos. NIFF also promotes friendship and co-operation among people of the world through the medium of films & documentaries.]
Our festival supports independent cinema across formats and aims to showcase the best talent & cinema from across the globe.
Also, The Niagara Canada International Film Festival is an annual showcase of World Cinema created by world film makers. Films include short, feature, documentaries and Social & Music which explore the culture, history and tradition. It is a unique festival to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the film industry from Canada, USA, Europe, Asia and other parts of the world.
Reaching a potential audience of millions of Ontario-based movie lovers, NIFF (Niagara Canada International Film Festival) provides a unique cultural destination for Niagara and Ontario based ex-patriots to connect with the culture of home through the magic of cinema.
💡 Our Vision:
"Bringing the World to Niagara Falls, Canada through a shared passion for film and the power of storytelling.”
📢 Our Mission
The Niagara Canada International Film Festival is dedicated to the discovery and promotion of Film Makers, Storytellers and Artists and sharing with audiences. Everyone has a story to tell, our goal is to inspire and encourage people to share their stories using the media of film and to create events that enable the sharing of those stories across communities and beyond.
We accept all genres of films from all over the world. We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films judged and let them compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films.
❤️ All winners will receive trophy & certificates. And complimentary travel certificate for 5 nights for Niagara Canada International Film Festival (NIFF) (NiagaraFalls, Canada) .
📹 All official selection will screen at the event.
❤️ All short films are eligible for the Audience Choice Award, which includes a cash prize of $1000.
❤️ Certificate and $500 Cash prices for first 3 𝕭𝖊𝖘𝖙 photos at Niagara Falls.
🏆 Best international narrative Short
🏆 Best Canadian narrative Short
🏆 Best Documentary Short
🏆 Best Animated Short
🏆 Best Experimental Short
🏆 Best Covid 19 Film
🏆 Best Student Short Film
🏆 Best International Feature Film
🏆 Best Directing in Feature Film
🏆 Best Actor in Feature Film
🏆 Best Actress in Feature Film
🏆 Best Music Video
🏆 Best Actor in Short
🏆 Best Actress in Short
🏆 Best Directing in Short
🏆 Best Female Director
🏆 Best LGBT'S Film
🏆 Best First Time Filmmaker
🏆 Best Horror
🏆 Best Comedy
🏆 Best Animation
🏆 Best Web Series/ Tv Pilot
🏆 Short Script
🏆 Feature Script
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. We accept films of all genres.
2. Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2016 are eligible for considerations. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
3. Short films must be under 30 minutes and features should be 40 mins and over.
4. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
6. Only HD format films are screen at festival.
7. Entrants confirm and warrant required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines
1. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
2. Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the programming committee will only consider the version submitted. Subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.
C) Judging & Selection
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Niagara Canada International Film Festival programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
All competitive film categories are judged during the Festival.
D) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, registration notification, consideration by the programming department, and notification of the results. These fees may be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).