The 1st National Film Festival of Jammu & Kashmir (NFJK) is the first ever film festival of a grand scale to be organized by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir in Srinagar from June 15-20 ,2022. The idea behind this film festival is to highlight the film, music and creative ecosystem in J&K, along with its’ natural and social beauty that Jammu and Kashmir has been blessed with, to the world.
The Film festival will be a congregation of the best of films and music, film-makers, music artists, other allied talent and serve as a reservoir of creativity and inspiration for anyone across the world who aspire to live, love and breathe films and music.
For more information write us at - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Best Feature Film – Rs 3 Lakh ; Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (INR 1.5 Lakh each).
2. Best Feature Film (s) in the languages from Jammu & Kashmir : – Rs 2 Lakh ; Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (INR 1 Lakh each).
3. Best Feature Film (s) on the theme “Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat/Aazadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav/ National Integration” : – Rs 2 Lakh ; Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (INR 1 Lakh each).
4. Best Debut Film of a Director : Rs 1.5 Lakh; Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (INR 75000 each).
5. Best Film on OTT Platform : Rs 2 Lakh; Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (INR 1 Lakh each).
6. Special Jury Award : Rs. 1 lakh.
7. Best Direction : Rs 75,000/-
8. Best Music Director (Songs) : Rs 75,000/-
9. Best Music Director (Background Music) : Rs 75,000/-
10. Best Male Playback Singer : Rs 75,000/-
11. Best Female Playback Singer : Rs 75,000/-
12. Best Lyrics : Rs 75,000/-
13. Best Choreography : Rs 75,000/-
14. Best Story Writer : Rs 75,000/-
15. Best Screenplay : Rs 75,000/-
16. Best Cinematographer : Rs 75,000/-
17. Best Editing : Rs 75,000/-
18. Best Actress : Rs 75,000/-
19. Best Actor : Rs 75,000/-
20. Best Child Artist : Rs 75,000/-
21. Best Supporting Actor : Rs 75,000/-
22. Best Supporting Actress : Rs 75,000/-
23. Best Debut actor/actress : Rs 75,000/-
Non- Feature Film
1. Best Non-Feature Film - Rs 2 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (Rs. 1 lakh each)
2. Best Non-Feature Film (s) in the languages from Jammu & Kashmir : Rs 1.5 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (Rs. 75000 each)
3. Best Non-Feature Film (s) on the theme “Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat/Aazadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav/ National Integration” : – Rs 1.5 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (Rs. 75000 each)
4. Best Short Fiction Film : Rs 1.5 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film (Rs. 75000 each)
5. Best Debut Non-feature Film of a Director : Award will be given to the Director and Producer of Film : Rs 1.5 Lakh (Rs. 75000 each)
6. Best Animation Film- Award will be given to the Director, Producer & Animator of the Film : Rs. 1.50 Lakh - Award will be given to the Director, Producer & Animator of the Film( Rs. 50,000/- each).
7. Special Jury Award – INR 1 lakh
8. Best Direction – INR 75000
9. Best Music Direction - INR 75000
10. Best Cinematography - INR 75000
11. Best Audiography - INR 75000
12. Best on-location Sound Recordist - INR 75000
13. Best Cinematographer - INR 75000
14. Best Editing - INR 75000
15. Best Narration/Voice Over - INR 75000.
1. Best Music Video – INR 2.25 lakh ; Award will be given to the Performing Artist, Director and Producer/Production Company of Music Video (INR 75000 each)
2. Best Singer - INR 75000
3. Best Music Director - INR 75000
4. Best Lyricist - INR 75000.
Award winners will receive the above-mentioned cash component as well a certificate and a medal/trophy.
Jammu & Kashmir National Film Festival, 2022
Rules & Regulations
Regulations of the Competition section of the Jammu & Kashmir Film Festival, 2022
1. Please read the rules and regulations carefully before submitting your film/music video.
2. To the best of the applicant’s knowledge, all of the statements below must be accurate.
3. ‘The Jammu & Kashmir National Film Festival’ is being organized by The Administration of Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir in association with the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC).
4. The applicant is duly authorized, on his/her behalf and on the behalf of any person or entity that has the ownership’s rights of the work, to submit his/her work to the Competition and the applicant declares that this submission is not in violation of any law and does not violate any right to said person or entity or that of any third party in any manner whatsoever.
5. The Jammu & Kashmir National Film Festival, its officers, as well as any of its fiscal sponsors and affiliated entities, is not responsible for any damage to, or loss of, any materials submitted by the applicant, whether that damage occurs enroute to or from the Competition or during the course of the Competition’s possession, any loss caused to the film material/music video or otherwise, in or during the Competition or of said materials.
6. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the competition section is to:
i. Recognize Indian talent in music, feature, short and documentary film-making.
ii. Provide opportunities to connect to the sparsely located film-making community of the J&K, through networking and collaborative projects.
iii. Provide an opportunity to explore the works and perspectives of other filmmakers.
iv. To build an audience for the work of filmmakers.
v. To develop the skill of film-making using minimal/efficient resources.
vi. Locating young and fresh talent in film-making/music industry in the Jammu & Kashmir.
vii. Centre-staging the filmmaking process and incentivizing local talent to pursue a career in filmmaking/ world of music.
7. SECTIONS :
The awards will be given in the following categories :
i. Feature Film
ii. Non- Feature Film (Short films & Documentary)
iii. Music Videos
8. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The following conditions must be fulfilled by all entries:
I. The film/music videos should be any Indian language. the phrase “any Indian language would mean all official language of the State, UT , all other languages included in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India and such other languages and dialects that may be permitted by Govt. of India from time to time.
II. Silent films will also be eligible.
III. The Producer & Director of the film should be an Indian National. However, co-productions with the foreign entity are also acceptable. The Government-issued photo ID/address proof of the director and producer should be submitted along with the application form.
IV. Music company/copy right holder of the music album and the singer should be an Indian National. The Government-issued photo ID/address proof of the Music company/copy right holder of the music album and the singer should be submitted along with the application form.
V. A maximum of Two (2) entries would be allowed for individual, producers, production companies, music companies etc.
VI. A feature film or fiction above 70 minutes duration are eligible for the feature film section and the documentary/short fiction below 70 minutes duration are eligible for non-feature films section.
VII. ALL FILMS MUST CARRY ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
VIII. The film/music video should be shot with full HD (1920×1080) resolution (mobile phones with full HD resolution cameras can be used).
IX. The submission of the film/music video is to be made through FilmFreeway.
X. The applicant should ensure that the contact details/address/email shared in the application is correct as it may be used for communication.
XI. The certification date by CBFC or completion year of production of the films/music video should be during the last 24 months preceding the festival i.e. 1st May, 2020 to 30th April, 2022. Indian films/music videos completed and released on OTT platforms during the last 24 months preceding the festival i.e. 1st May, 2020 to 30th April, 2022 will also be considered.
XII. The applicant should submit declaration stating the date of completion of production if the film/music video is not certified by the CBFC.
XIII. In case a film/music video already has a certification, only the certified version will be considered for screening.
XIV. For films/music video not having certification, the screening will be subject to an exemption from the Ministry of I&B, Govt. of India for which the festival will apply on behalf of the selected films.
XV. The festival authorities reserves the right to settle all cases not covered by the guidelines and to grant exceptions in special cases. All cases will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of India and settled under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai. The festival director also reserves the right to remove any film from the selection in any special cases as deemed by the festival.
XVI. The decision of the Jury will be final and can’t be challenged.
XVII. The film/music video should have been submitted along with the desired documents via FilmFreeway by 16th May, 2022.
I. Dubbed or revised versions.
II. Films NOT subtitled in English.
III. Entries received in sub-standard digital quality.
IV. An applicant would be disqualified automatically for consideration of his/her entry if it is found that he /she is influencing any member of the jury.
V. Application will be disqualified, if the director or the producer of the film or the music company/singer is not an Indian national.
VI. If any of the declaration/documents submitted by the applicant are found to be factually false or incorrect.
VII. The applicant will be disqualified if any of the above claims made by the applicant is found to be false. The applicant will be wholly responsible for matters related to copyright issues with regard to the content being submitted to NFDC for competition. NFDC will not be liable for any legal cases related to copyright issues of the submitted entries.