CONFIRMATION MESSAGE REQUIRED. PLEASE READ OUR RULES & TERMS BELOW.
The MOV on its fourth edition tries to give students a space on a bottlenecked exhibition market. Seeking to acknowledge and giving voice to the dialogue between academic production from different contries, the festival promotes the student aspect of the cinematographic activity to those who make cinema and those who watch it.
In order to come this all true, many hands made and are still making MOV. The spirit of collective realization make us move to begin a new moment of the cinema made by students. Sponsored by Fundarpe and the Pernambuco Government and collaboration of many supporters we received in our way, the festival comes again in 2016 aspiring long life.
The awards below consist of trophies sent via post to the director of the awarded film.
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM:
The award given to that film which distinguishes itself in form and content through the expressive use of film tools
CREATION OF ATMOSPHERE:
The award given to that film which grabs the spectator's attention thanks to captivating diegesis and the marriage of a splendid visual and aural universe.
And award for mature, vigorous construction of narrativity in a film. This award is not meant exclusively for narrative films, but for works which successfully combine script and editing in their construction of space and time in a film.
Award given to that film which brings innovation in form, content or language.
The jury may also offer Honorable Mentions if they consider it appropriate.
-- Only NON-BRAZILIAN filmmakers are able to submit their films on this platform. If you want to submit your film to our National Competition, please fill the form available on movfestival.com. --
-- All films which are not marked as "STUDENT PROJECT" at the specifications form will be summarily disqualified. --
-- In order to complete your submission, please send a confirmation message to email@example.com with:
1) Screener link of the film and password (vimeo, youtube, etc);
2) Name of the Educational Institution where the film comes from*;
3) Two pictures of the film (300dpi). --
*The director and at least one other crew member must be enrolled to this Educational Institution, as should be proved in case of selection.
1. MOV is an international student film festival that will take place in Recife - PE (Brazil), 8-14 July 2019.
2. The Festival will accept submissions of short digital films (max. duration 25 minutes) in any genre.
3. The films must have been completed during or since 2017 until nowadays and its production at the time that the Director(s) and at least one more crew member were enrolled in any Educational Institution.
4. The films can be submitted in any language. If they are not in PORTUGUESE, films must be subtitled in PORTUGUESE or ENGLISH.
5. Submissions must be sent by 23:59 on 31 March.
6. The list of films officially selected will be released on 31 May at movfestival.com.
7. Films selected will have to send to the committee the film on mov H264 to be downloaded on a online platform, as well as:
a) Manually signed authorization of exhibition
b) Two pictures of the film (300dpi)
c) Checking copy of the director(s) and crew member enrollment/affiliation to the Educational Institution.
8. The checking copy of the enrollment/affiliation to the Educational Institution must date from the period of the film’s production. Films will not be accepted if documents are dated before or after the year of production.
9. The filmmaker of each selected film agrees with the public exhibition on TV or internet of up to 20 seconds of the film, as part of the marketing of MOV.
10. Each filmmaker, by submitting their film, declares that all elements included on the short film submitted do not violate any image right or intellectual property rights of others, and implies acceptance of exclusive legal responsibility for complaint, lawsuit or litigation, direct or indirect, due to the exhibition or use of the works.
Any doubts? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.