LONGLESS FILM FESTIVAL
Longless Film Festival is a short film competition dedicated to young directors and videomakers aged between 18 and 35, organized by Piano Locale Giovani - AERIS Cooperativa Sociale in the Monza and Brianza area.
The festival, now in its fifth edition, was born to bring the Seventh Art to the youngest and promote values such as youth protagonism, active participation in society and approaching Art and Culture in general.
For the complete text of the call for entries visit our site: www.longlessfilmfestival.it
Longless Film Festival è un concorso di cortometraggi dedicato a giovani registi e videomaker di età compresa tra i 18 e i 35 anni, organizzato dal Piano Locale Giovani della Cooperativa Aeris nel territorio di Monza e Brianza.
Il festival, giunto alla sua quinta edizione, nasce con l'obiettivo di portare la Settima Arte ai più giovani e promuovere valori quali il protagonismo giovanile, la partecipazione attiva alla società e l’avvicinamento all’Arte e alla Cultura in genere.
VEDI IL BANDO COMPLETO SUL NOSTRO SITO: www.longlessfilmfestival.it
FIRST PLACE AWARD
€ 500 + Plaque
SECOND PLACE AWARD
€ 200 + Plaque
THIRD PLACE AWARD
€ 100 + Plaque
YOUNG JURY AWARD
Coupon + Plaque
1. WHEN AND WHERE
- The fifth edition of the Longless Film Festival will be held on 18th and 19th September 2021.
Due to the current health emergency situation, the place and dates will be confirmed later.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Call for entries for short films produced by young directors and videomakers between 18 and 35 years old, both Italian and international.
- Every contestant director can submit only one short film of the maximum length of 20 minutes (including credits).
- Short films of any nationality and language can participate.
- All themes are allowed.
- All formats will be accepted.
- Longless Film Festival does not require premiere status: your film can be online or can compete in other film festivals in Italy and worldwide, but it must have not ever distributed in any theatre before.
- Short films that present pornographic, racist, propaganda content, that incite discrimination or advocate violence are not allowed to participate. The same principles apply to the titles of submitted films.
- Submit your film with English subtitles.
- Any short films that do not meet all the requirements will not be accepted. There are no refunds if an entry does not fully meet the requirements to participate in the competition.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
- Around thirty short films will be selected among those accepted to compete. The jury will judge the short films in the official selection and, through votation, will choose ten finalist works. The ten finalist short films will be screened during the festival, at the end of which the winning short films will be announced and awarded.
- Selected filmmakers will be contacted through FilmFreeway.
- Once selected, participants cannot withdraw their short films from the competition and they have to provide:
1. Clean Screener (without subtitles burned-in) in Apple ProRes 422 (HQ recommend), 1920 x 1080, 48 kHz 24-bit audio, .mov wrapper.
2. Image: Please make sure that your film does not open/finish with a colour bar or
3. Subtitles file (.srt) or dialogue list in English.
- The direction of the festival will not accept physical supports and will not return any screener received.
- The direction of the festival will provide the Official Selection laurel logo to all selected filmmakers to freely use it.
- The direction of the festival will notify whether a submitted film is selected or not through FilmFreeway. Participants will find the Official Selection line-up list on our website and our social network pages.
- The direction of the festival will invite all the four winning directors in the official competition. The festival does not cover travel expenses nor pays screening fees.
- Those foreign short films not selected in the official competition will be considered for Longless Film Festival - com’è corto il mondo (how short the world is), a cultural initiative organized by the festival dedicated to different peoples and cultures on the planet.
5. THE JURY
- The jury will include professionals from the cinema world, television, media, teaching.
- The jury’s decision will be irrevocable.
- A second jury, the Young Jury, made up of very young people from the area, will also choose one among the Italian short films in the official selection to assign the Young Award.
- The Young Jury will award their favourite Italian short film.
- The awards will be given away at Longless Film Festival‘s closure.
- The winners who will not be present could have their awards sent by post, exclusively on Italian territory, at the expense of the festival. It will not be possible to send any uncollected awards outside the national borders.
6. MATERIAL AND RIGHTS
- The short film copies and any materials submitted to the competition will become part of the archive of the festival. At the request of the director, a short film can be removed from the video library.
- In any case, Longless Film Festival is committed to exclusively use these copies for cultural purposes and never in a commercial way.
- By signing this regulation, you agree to the screening of any submitted short films during the selection phases and the days of the festival. Furthermore, you agree to the use of the same or part of them, the title, their poster or the names of the directors for promotional and informative purposes (like promotional clips, posters and brochures).
- Following the previous points, participants will not be able to demand any compensation for the screening of their short film. If producers show complaints, the direction of the festival may reserve the right to ultimately exclude the short film from the competition, even if already selected by the jury.
7. REGULATIONS ACCEPTANCE
- By submitting, the participants agree to all regulations set out in these guidelines.
- Producers, distributors and other people or organizations submitting a film must ensure that any third parties connected to the production agree to its participation in the festival.
- For any doubt, you can visit our website or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.