Films in any African native language with English subtitles made in Africa.
Festival accepts short films (3-40 minutes), Feature films (41> minutes), documentaries/docudramas, animation films.
The Festival Theme is: Arts and Film for Social Change
This year 2018, the Festival will have 6 major activities, film screenings. Workshop on acting and directing, panel discussions, exhibitions, creative arts conference, Gala Awards Ceremony.
The LIPFFESTIVAL has awards for film entries for full length feature films and short films, documentaries and animation. And individual technical awards: (cinematographer, sound designer, director, etc...)
FILM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Any films that do not meet the following requirements will be automatically disqualified. The entry requirements have been revised to increase eligibility. kindly adhere.
1. All films must have been created in Africa by Africans (with 70% of cast and crew of African origin).
2. Short and feature films both accepted. (Shorts should be between 3-40minutes. Features should be more than 41 minutes.
3. All films MUST be dominantly in any African Native Languages including Swahili.
4. All films MUST therefore have English translation subtitles.
5. Every producer/director/group/company is only allowed a maximum of two film entries.
6. All films to be submitted in HD Quality in both Mp4 and movie file. Hard copies should be in a flash disk on quality not less than (720pp x 1080pp). All films should be submitted with a trailer of 15 seconds together with the film. For online submissions, kindly check rules 10, 11 and 12 below.
7. All films must be submitted before the deadlines of 31st May 2018
8. All entries should be original works of the persons submitting. And must be classified appropriately by the classifying body from the country of origin. The LIPFF Festival Committee and Organizers will not be accountable for any copyright infringements.
9. The producers should ensure they have copyright agreement for any songs/music/sounds used in the film with the owners/producers/creators/authorities of the songs/music/sounds.
10. All entries to be submitted with a duly signed submission form which you can download from our website. Click the link LIPFF FILM SUBMISSION FORM to download.
11. For submissions made through FilmFreeway, you may download the form from the website, fill it and upload it on FilmFreeway as a screenplay for your films.
12. If you cannot download the form or have any questions kindly send us an email to: email@example.com
All films should grant permission to be downloadable. Semi finalists will not be contacted for download permission for purposes of public screenings. Kisumu doesn't have very liable data connection to allow for live streaming.
Kindly visit the website for more details. https://theatrefilmlabkenya.com/lipffestival/