Films in any African native language with English subtitles made in Africa.
Festival accepts short films (3-40 minutes), Feature films (41> minutes), documentaries/docudramas, animation and student films (30> minutes). For student films, the name of the institution MUST be included.
The Festival Theme is: Arts and Film for Social Change
This year 2019, the Festival will have 6 major activities, film screenings. Workshop, panel discussions, exhibitions, Excursions and Gala Awards Ceremony.
The LIPFFESTIVAL has awards for film entries for full length feature films and short films, documentaries and animation. And individual technical awards as follows.
1. Best Feature Film
2. Best Short Film
3. Best Kenyan Feature Film
4. Best Documentary Film
5. Best Animation Film
6. Best Student Feature Film
7. Best Director
8. Best Cinematographer
9. Best Scriptwriter
10. Best Original Score
11. Best Sound Design
12. Best Editor
13. Best Production Design
14. Best Actor
15. Best Actress
16. Best Film on Children
17. Best Film on Theme of Social Change
18. Heroes Award
19. Jury’s Award
20. Sponsored Theme Awards.....
FILM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Any films that do not meet the following requirements will be automatically disqualified. The entry requirements have been revised to increase eligibility. kindly adhere.
1. All films must have been created in Africa by Africans (with at least 70% of cast and crew of African origin).
2. Short and feature films both accepted. (Shorts should be between 3-40minutes. Features should be 41 minutes and above.
3. Student FEATURE film category accepts feature films that are 30 minutes and above. The name of the institution MUST be included in the credits.
4. All films MUST be dominantly in any African Native Languages including Swahili.
5. All films MUST therefore have English translation subtitles.
6. Every producer/director/group/company is only allowed a maximum of two film entries per season.
7. All films to be submitted in HD Quality in both Mp4 or movie file. Hard copies should be in a flash disk on quality not less than (720pp x 1080pp). All films should be submitted with a trailer of 15 seconds together with the film. For online submissions, kindly check rules 10, 11 and 12 below.
8. All films must be submitted before the deadlines of 31st May 2019. For Late Submission kindly contact the organisers for any extensions, which is always not more than 15 days after deadline.
9. All entries must be original works of the persons submitting. And must be classified appropriately by the classifying body from the country of origin. The LIPFF Festival Committee and Organizers will not be accountable for any copyright infringements.
10. The producers should ensure they have copyright agreement for any songs/music/sounds used in the film with the owners/producers/creators/authorities of the songs/music/sounds.
11. All entries to be submitted are believed to have been submitted with a clear understanding of all the rules and regulations of the Festival herewith, thus the organisers and Festival Jury shall not be held liable for any disagreements between the producers and their partners. Therefore kindly fill in the submission form online and forward as appropriate.
12. If you have any questions kindly send us an email to: email@example.com
All films should grant permission to be downloadable. All nominees/Semi finalists will not be contacted for download permission for purposes of public screenings. Nakuru doesn't have very liable data connection to allow for live streaming, thus the films have to be downloaded for purposes of the screenings.
All nominated films must be screened to the public for free during the LIPFF Festival, where we have all day screenings of all nominated and some selected films.
Kindly visit the website for more details. https://legacyartsfilmlab.com