Based in Athens, Greece, KINO Athens is an international film society and film festival with interactive physical screenings, bridging cinema and visual arts through means of sound and moving image, in collaboration with artists and curators invited on a weekly basis.
Conceptually, KINO Athens draws inspiration from the long history of the alternative art spaces in New York. Through a regular program of weekly screenings, talks, DJ sets and lectures, its goal is to explore new models of cinema presentation, while bringing together contemporary art, experimental films and documentary.
KINO Athens aims to foster an ongoing dialogue among a wide range of artists and audiences within the city of Athens. It is a collection of contemporary works that encourage an exchange of cultures, ideas, as well as innovative forms of expression. Its goal is to raise awareness and accessibility of the moving image culture and create a communal and collaborative atmosphere, bringing the viewers outside the comfort zone of their own reality and into a transitory experience.
KINO Athens also organises the Portuguese Film Festival in Greece.
KINO Athens Film Society accepts films from every genre, on any topic, from every country around the world. We encourage independent filmmaking and break-though, daring works.
>> KINO Athens does NOT charge submission fee.
KINO Athens aims to contribute to the discovery of new cinematic voices both national and international and contribute in the cultivation of film culture.
>> KINO Athens operates as film society throughout the year.
>> KINO Athens organises the Portuguese Film Festival in Greece (www.portuguesefilmfestival.org)
• No limitations, anyone can apply.
• Films produced in 2013 and 2022.
• No premiere request. We do not disqualify any films based on premiere status.
• We consider films in any language, from anywhere in the world. If your film is not in English, make sure it has English subtitles where necessary.
• Film Submissions are accepted throughout the year and they can either be considered for the Portuguese Film Festival in Greece or for the Film Society that operates all-year round with weekly screenings and events.
• KINO Athens reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time if there is any question of ownership, copyright infringement, or any sign of disrespect (in any form of media).
• Accepted filmmakers will be notified via email.
• If accepted, entrants are responsible for delivering film materials (EPK, stills, trailer, subs, etc) according to the instructions of the programming department.
• KINO Athens is responsible to create the Greek subtitles.