𝐊𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 is 𝐈𝐌𝐃𝐛-𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 (https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0013367/2021/1/) with live screenings in Košice, in Slovakia. Our mission and goal is to discover and promote talented filmmakers from all over the world and present them to the public. Therefore our festival is a brilliant opportunity to participate in international competition.
FilmFreeway has ranked our festival, among the 𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐌 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝟒,𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐄𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞. An international independent jury works at the festival, composed of judges from the 𝑪𝒛𝒆𝒄𝒉 𝑹𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒄, 𝑺𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒂, 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝑱𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒏, 𝑴𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒄𝒐, 𝑨𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑼𝑺𝑨.
From 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗, we registered more than 𝟓,𝟓𝟎𝟎 projects, some of which premiered at the 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍, 𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 or have been awarded and nominated for 𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒, 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐒, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐀-𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬, but most of all, hundreds of films and scripts.
Previous winners of our festival are directors such as 𝐃𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧 ("Anna", premiered: Festival de Cannes), 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐚 ("HENET WARD", premiered: Clermont Int Film Festival), 𝐌𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 ("GOOD THANKS, YOU?", premiered: Semaine de la Critique – Cannes), 𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 (“DAVID”, premiered: Festival de Cannes), 𝐆𝐮𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐯 (“Skin” – Winner Academy Awards Oscar), 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧 (“NOVEMBER 1ST”, Bronze Academy Awards Oscar), 𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢 𝐌. 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐨𝐯𝐬𝐤𝐢 (“STICKER”, premiered: Sundance Film Festival), 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐍𝐭𝐢 (DA YIE?, premiered: Clermont Int Film Festival) and others.
𝐉𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐣 𝐋𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬𝐤𝐲 was a guest of the last year's film festival in Košice. We screened his latest film "Plastic Symphony". His first feature-length documentary Blind Loves (2008) premiered in the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs section at the 𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟖, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪.𝑰.𝑪.𝑨.𝑬. 𝑨𝒓𝒕 𝑪𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝑨𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅. This was followed by successful participation in important international festivals and several awards (Golden Eye for the best documentary film at the 𝑭𝑭 𝒁𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒉, 𝑨𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑨𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒄𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝑭 𝑻𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆, 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒖𝒔 𝑪𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍, 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝑱𝒖𝒓𝒚 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝑭𝑫𝑭 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚-𝑫𝒐𝒄 𝑻𝒖𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔). In 2013, he made his debut in the field of feature films with the feature film Miracle, which was the opening film of the competition section 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒚 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝑰𝑭𝑭, where he received a Special Jury Award, and later successfully participated in other world festivals. His second feature film Nina won, among other important awards, the 𝑭𝑰𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑪𝑰 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑪𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔 𝑨𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍.
The best films from the autumn edition and the spring edition will be screened at the Kino Úsmev at the year-round festival. Some films will be screened internally for students of the Secondary Film School of Film in Košice. We project the best super short film, short film and feature film and you can visit the city Košice and get to know our culture. Košice is a beautiful city with a wonderful culture and amazing nightlife.
In order not to miss any news, we recommend you to subscribe to our social networks:
The best film, screenplay and music video will be nominated for the main prize at the 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲 (𝐆𝐀𝐅𝐀), which will redistribute $ 𝟓𝟎𝟎𝟎,𝟎𝟎 annually which they will receive in the form of various movie rewards.
🏆 Grand Prix Best Feature Film
🏆 Grand Prix Best Feature Documentaty
🏆 Grand Prix Best Short Film
🏆 Grand Prix Best Short Documentary
🏆 Grand Prix Best Super Short Film
🏆 Grand Prix Best Student Film
🏆 Grand Prix Best Short Script
🏆 Grand Prix Best Feature Script
🏆 Grand Prix Best Television Script - Pilot
Best Slovak Short Film
Best Music Video
Best Director Feature Film
Best Director Short Film
Best Director Super Short Film
Best First Time Director (Short)
Best First Time Director (Feature)
Best Director Student Film
Best Director Music Video
Best Indie Short Film
Best Indie Feature Film
Best Web/TV Series
Best Mobile Phone Short
Best Drama Screenplay
Best Comedy Screenplay
Best Actor Short Film
Best Actress Short Film
Best Actor Feature Film
Best Actress Feature Film
Best Original Screenplay
Best Sound Design
Television Script - Pilot
In addition to the gold place, we also award special prizes.
💵 $𝟑𝟬𝟬.𝟬𝟬 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
1. All films that are not in English, must have English language subtitles. English movies do not have subtitles.
2. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
3. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
4. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
5. The festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & commercial purposes.
6. The excerpts from films send for Košice International Film Festival can be shown on the Slovakian / Int. T.V. / Local Network / Internet etc. For Promotional / Publicity.
7. Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images. Etc presented in their film.
8. Košice International Film Festival organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants.
9. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
10. By submitting the project, you agree that our partner film festivals will be able to send you an offer to submit your projects.