Košice International Monthly Film Festival (https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0013367/2019/1/) is a festival with live screenings once a month. Our festival is a brilliant opportunity to participate in international competition.
The films of the Official selection and the winners will be selected each month, so the filmmakers will know about jury’s decision very quickly.
The best films will be screened live in front of a live in Košice. The winning films will be listed in ČSFD, Czech-Slovak Film Database (www.csfd.cz)
Winners will be announced on our website and social media pages every month.
Take the experience with Košice International Monthly Film Festival and your film will have a chance:
– to be chosen in Official selection;
– to be a winner in one of the categories;
– to be screened at the festival event.
The mission of our festival is to introduce new names from all over the world to our audience.
The festival has the following structure:
1. The selection of films: we see all submitted films.
2. Selected films will receive the status "Official Selection" of the month.
3. The jury selects winners of the month.
The best films will be shown in Košice, Slovakia.
4. TOP films each category will be screened live in front of an audience in Košice, in 27th May.
CASH PRIZE 100 USD - BEST PICTURE MONTH JANUAR
Best Feature Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Film Drama
Best Short Film Comedy
Best Short Film Documentary
Best Short Film Animation
Best Student Short Film
Best Music Video
Best Czech-Slovak Short Film
Best Short Horror Film
Best Short Mobile Film
Best Web/TV Series
Best Sci-fi/Fantasy Short Film
Best Director SHORT FILM
Best Actor/Actress SHORT FILM
Best Director FEATURE FILM
Best Actor/Actress FEATURE FILM
Best First Time Director
Best Sound Design
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
* Winner will receive Certificate, Laurel.
JUDGE TEAM - DOMINIK BARI
Dominik is slovak director film documentary. During his high school studies he already managed to gain multiple domestic and also international awards as well as worked for different TV channels. In 2019 he produced and directed multi-award winning documentary Oymyakon which was qualified for OSCAR.
JUDGE TEAM - MAREK JASAŇ
Marek is a freelance animator. Even though he studied at a high school focused on mathematics and information technologies, his passion for art has led him to the Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava, where he graduated with a master’s degree in animation and a short animated film Journey. So far, he worked on several commercial projects, video games and short films.
JUDGE TEAM - ERIK JASAŇ
Erik is slovak writer and director fiction films. His films were screened in more than 40 country world. He is the recipient of several prizes: The Pavel Horov Prize (the Prize of a Famous Slovak Writer), the Prize for Dramaturgy at the Artistic Recitation Festival (Czech-Slovak Competition), and the European Places of Peace Prize (screenwriting contests). His won more than 15 film awards.
1. All films that are not in Slovak (or Czech) must have English language subtitles.
2. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
3. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
4. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
5. The festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & commercial purposes.
6. The excerpts from films send for Košice International Montly Film Festival can be shown on the Slovakian / Int. T.V. / Local Network / Internet etc. For Promotional / Publicity.
7. Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images. Etc presented in their film.
8. Košice International Montly Film Festival organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants.
9. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.