New NAMES, new GENRES, new CINEMA TRENDS on a big screen in the middle of Siberia!
International Kansk Video Festival (Russia/Siberia) is not a conventional film festival. It is an experiment in time and space. The small Siberian city of Kansk, was found on the Internet by chance and selected as its name correlates with the Cannes Film Festival, Kansk in the Russian language is pronounced the same as Cannes.
Watch film trailer RUSSIA AS PHANTASMA (this full-lengh movie has been filmed during the festival 2015 / official selection of GoEast Film Festival, Wiesbaden) https://vimeo.com/209207276
Since 2002 in the depths of Siberia the festival happens annually. Far way from the Côte d`Azur to the severe Taiga climate, 7000 km from London, 4500 km from Moscow and 300 km from Krasnoyarsk by ‘Irons Road’, and the Trans-Siberian Railway. In an area full of wonderful and brave Siberian people, pelmeni, cedar nuts, even buses reminiscent to the old school buses of a long lost Soviet a place full magic.
The Kansk Video festival has grown immeasurably from it’s 2002 beginnings, each year it hosts an international jury from the industry and artistic communities, running international film and video-art competitions with a special screenings program and a bank of ideas for a further 150 years of the festivals future. The festival promotes new names of independent and uncompromising video and filmmakers, new genres, new cinema trends.
Palm Secateur D'Or + Diploma for the 1st place
Diploma for the 2nd place
Diploma for the 3rd place
Special Jury Diplomas and Mentions
1. Professional filmmakers or video artists can submit to the Festival, as well as amateurs.
2. Festival entry is free ONLY for the filmmakers who have been already selected to any of the previous Festival editions. Please request a special code via email@example.com
3. Only digital productions are accepted - short films or video art projects. Maximum running time of submissions should last no longer than 30 minutes. Film copies aren’t accepted!
4. Russian films participate in the International competition without any special conditions.
5. One author can submit to the Festival any number of works.
6. Each film can be entered only to one nomination.
7. Festival nominations: Fiction, Documentary, Experimental, Animation, Video art.
8. The Festival accepts films and videos produced after the 1st of January 2016.
9. Deadline for entries - March 1, 2018.
10. If original language of your entry is neither Russian nor English, film should be subtitled in one of those two languages or an English dialogue list must be attached.
11. All submissions will be watched and reviewed by the Selection Committee.
12. The Selection Committee has the right not to inform about criteria of selection or non-selection to the main competition programme, audience award competition or any special screenings.
13. All submissions selected to the main competition programme will be screened to the Jury. Non-selected entries can be shown in the framework of the festival special screenings.
14. Festival awards:
Grand Prix - Palm Secateur D`Or + 1st place Diploma
2nd & 3rd place Diplomas
Special Diplomas and Mentions of Jury
15. The list of selected films will appear on our web-site after 1st of August, 2018.
16. Authors of the films selected to the main International competition are invited to participate in the festival. Usually we cover all local transportation costs, hotel and meal expenses for all period of the festival. In some cases, international flights can be covered from the festival's budget or by related Embassies, funds, sponsors, etc.
17. Award winners will be announced on the web-site on 27th of August, 2018, after a closing ceremony of the Festival.
18. Authors of films selected to special screenings can participate in the Festival by their own expenses only.
19. Grand Prix Winner 2018 will be invited to the Festival Jury 2019.