iSmartfilms was created in 2015 with the goal to discover, encourage and accompany the talents of the world to share the stories they have captured on mobile devices and to provide smartphone filmmakers with a platform to exhibit these stories to a wider audience.
Smart Oscar Award "A Dream of iSmartFilms"
For Oscar, The Filmmakers are going to Hollywood
For SmartOscar, Filmmakers will come to Karachi
Our festival is an international festival dedicated to celebrating work shot on Smartphones.
We are committed to a democratization of cinema, supporting the use of the smartphone as an alternative means for an idea of quality to end on the screen.
Smartphones are reshaping the way we approach filmmaking, creating limitless possibilities in the palm of your hand. Now aspiring artists have the ability to write, shoot and edit, their films at the touch of a button.
The festival takes place in the month of December 2021 and submissions are open to anyone with a Smartphone a compelling story to tell.
Only films shot by a smartphone are eligible.
Submission will only be accepted if they fit on below mentioned time duration any other time submission will be disqualified
Duration is in three segments.
First 1min short film, No matter of video quality, but the story must be powerful.
Second short film category, duration 3 min to 10min
Music Video duration 3min to 4min
The Winner who attend will receive Smart Oscar Award, certificate, promotions on website & social media pages and a red carpet award ceremony in Karachi on the final day of the film festival.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
Grand Jury Prize
Young Talent / Teenager
Short film on Culture
Reduced Inequality / Gender Equality
No To Violence & Terrorism
Sustainable Cities and Communities
Something about Pakistan
No Poverty / Zero Hunger
1. This Festival is open for smartphone film makers from all over the world.
2. The FILM MUST BE SHOT ENTIRELY ON A MOBILE DEVICE (smartphones, tablets) in HD video. DSLR, compact cameras or hybrid android cameras are NOT ACCEPTED.
3. Additional production equipment, lights, Tripod, Boom, sound equipment is permitted.
4. Any software to edit video (on the smartphone or a computer) and audio as well as colour correction or special effects is allowed.
5. Multiple mobile devices can be used, but NO NON MOBILE FOOTAGE may be included.
6. We welcome submission in ANY LANGUAGE, but subtitles in English are mandatory (films in English don't need subtitles).
7. All Entries submitted must be an original production. Copyrighted material is NOT accepted unless there is a written permission to do so (ISFF is not liable for any copyright material unlawfully used)
8. Submissions must have full clearance for all content before submitting it. Any issues that may arise due to the infringement of copyrights is the Applicant’s sole responsibility. The iSmart Film Festival and its sponsors and members are not responsible for any infringement of copyrights.
9. By Submitting to the iSmart film festival participants agree to the reproduction and dissemination of their films for the display and promotion of the festival (Media, film festivals and TV)
10. We will publish all films on our website & social pages to get public votes, it will give you more support to win Smart Oscar Award.
11. If you give us NDC (Non disclosure contract) then we can upload your video on our youtube channel on revenue sharing basis.
12. It is allowed to enter multiple films.
13. Vulgar, offensive, porn, nudity or extreme violence is not allowed. Respect other artists by not using media of any kind without proper licenses, permissions and clearance.
14. Raw Footage Proof (your Film will be disqualified if not submitted):
One 30-second raw footage (or more if requested) used in the final cut of the film, uncut and unedited for the full duration of 30 seconds or longer, Behind-The-Scene (BTS) Photos/Videos of various scenes used in your Film.
15. To Submit 'Raw Footage Proofs' and 'BTS Videos/Photos', the Applicant must:
Go to: www.wetransfer.com --> Add Files --> Send files to firstname.lastname@example.org in Friend’s email Box --> Type in your personal email --> Subject Title: Raw Footage Proof & BTS and in Message Box: Title of Film, Name of Director, Duration, Country of Production, Name of Smartphone/Tablet - Click Transfer
16. Applicants must test their files and/or links thoroughly before submitting them. If ISFF is unable to view the Film, ISFF will attempt, but is under no obligation, to contact the Applicant in order to obtain a replacement.
17. ISFF does not confirm receipt of submissions. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the submission procedure is complete and that the screener has been received by ISFF.
18. We prefer (.mp4) (.mov) files. (FULL QUALITY (1080HD) video in widescreen format – adjust settings if you need to)
19. Only films we are able to download full 1080HD before the selection deadline will be selected. Horizontal full screen only.
20. Submitting is easy! We only accept submissions through FilmFreeway and we must download the films, once selected, from FilmFreeway.
21. SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
• Film (Submit via FilmFreeway)
• Submission Form (Complete & Submit via FilmFreeway)
• Short Biography of Director (Submit via FilmFreeway)
• Synopsis of Film - max. 200 words (Submit via FilmFreeway)
• Youtube or Vimeo link on custom form
22. Please respond to email requests in order to qualify even after films are selected. We also require permission to download films from FilmFreeway and "stream" them from Vimeo or YouTube during the film festival.