*** We are now receiving films for the quarterly session of October-November- December.
*** At the end of December we will give the results of this fourth and last quarter of 2018.
*** There are never projections online.
The Indie Best Films Festival (Ibestff) was founded by a group of independent filmmakers from Santa Mónica (California) and New York City for independent filmmakers from around the world.
Everybody has a story, and we want them to share it with the world.
Our mission is to help talented film artists, who create meaningful films that are worth seeing and sharing, but lack the backing of studios, expensive marketing campaigns or famous personalities.
We are an online competition. Our mission is to recognize the talent of the filmmakers with our laurels and certificates.
Every three months, we choose selected, nominees and winners so to give more opportunity to the filmmakers and to the movies. 4 seasons per year.
Soon we will schedule a small party with a screening of the 4 winning shorts (4 Seasons) that won the award for "Best Independent Short Film" and also the 4 winning music videos.
Every 25 of the last month of the quarter, we will announce the winners and reinitiate the season with the new one.
This festival will be judged by award-winning filmmakers and industry experts.
Short Films $10 fee.
Video Art $10 fee.
Music Videos $10 fee.
Additional categories $25 fee.
The annual seasons will be:
2- April-May-June - Finalized!
3- July-August-September - Finalized!
Laurels and digital certificates
Great discounts of distribution
– There are never projections online.
– In this first year we only accept Short Films, Video Art and Music Videos.
- This year the festival starts with the second session.
- The annual seasons will be:
– Fiction films, animation, documentary and experimental of any genre and subject are welcome.
– The scope of the competition is international. An open competition with works of any country in the world produced from January 1st 2015 onwards.
– The festival accepts films in any language from around the world.
– All films in a foreign language (not English) must have subtitles in English.
– The content must be submitted by a creator/producer aged 18 or older.
– Multiple projects may be submitted for consideration provided that an additional submission fee is paid for each entry.
– We are an online competition. Our mission is to recognize the talent of the filmmakers with our laurels and certificates.
– Every three months, we choose nominees and winners so to give more opportunity to the filmmakers and the movies. 4 seasons per year.
– This festival will be judged by award-winning filmmakers and industry experts.
– All winners will have laurels and a digital certificate sent to them in jpg file format. No physical certificates, medals, or trophies will be handed out in order to keep entry fees as affordable as possible.
– All submitters must submit their content to Ibestff through our festival registration platforms listed in the Film Submissions section of our website.
– After a film has been officially selected, the filmmaker will be notified. Official selection does not mean that the filmmaker’s film will be screened or awarded at the festival.
– All submission fees are non-refundable.
– The submitter must have obtained legal copyright to publicly screen their submitted content and all intellectual property contained therein including, but not limited to, music, lyrics, written work, photos, video content, artwork, and media excerpts. – By submitting your content, you represent that you have acquired all legal rights to publicly screen all content within your submission.
– The festival is not responsible for any copyright infringement of the filmmaker’s material.
– If your film has been officially selected, you agree to provide us with a poster or promotional images and/or stills, as well as a logline and/or synopsis, for promotional purposes.
– If your film has been officially selected, you agree that we are permitted to use excerpts from the film, up to a maximum of 30 seconds, worldwide, for promotional purposes.
– If a submitter’s content is selected, a Notice of Official Selection shall be emailed to the to the email address provided by the submitter in their registration form on the notification date.
– Announcements identifying the Official Selections will be posted online on the Ibestff website and social media channels.
– We do not return any materials submitted.
Optionally we will contact the owners of the best films for the possibility of optional distribution with some of our partners.