Founded in 2011, GloryReelz Christian Film Festival and Writer’s Lab began with the hope to educate and encourage indie filmmakers of Christian, Faith-Based and Family Friendly Films in the Michigan area. Our goals were to help create and promote media that would not just entertain but evangelize the nations, while shining a spotlight on Media Makers in Michigan. Since its inception, the weekend long event has received and shared films from all over the world including Chicago, California, The Carolinas, Missouri, Florida, Kansas, Wisconsin, China, South Africa, Australia, Ireland, London, Nigeria, Vancouver, Greece, Italy, Norway and The Republic of Korea.
As Michigan’s only Christian Film Conference. our attendees have connected and formed friendships and partnerships nationwide, and had the opportunity to attend master classes by renowned filmmakers and writers such as Cecil Murphy, Dr. Stan Williams, playwright T.J. Hemphill, Aaron Burns, and distinguished award winning author Beverly Jenkins. Additionally, workshops and guest speakers like Romance author Karen White, Dick Rolfe, Gayle Martin, literary agents, indie filmmakers and actors have been a part of the festival.
We strive to incite the indie filmmaker to higher levels of achievement for excellence in their craft and sharing Biblical views within their stories. The conference/film festival is hosted by Her Shine Ministries, a charitable arts ministry that functions to foster positive growth in our communities.
Best Music Video
Best Literary Work Ready for Film
Best International Film
Champion for Youth
Catalyst for Change
My Father's Promise
*We will also consider: Best Actor, Actress, Editor, Set Design and Best Evangelistic Project by a church or organization.
Monetary Prizes will be awarded for Best Feature, Best Short & Youth Trailblazer and
Awards will be presented to the remaining winners.
*Monetary Prizes will be based upon Sponsorships received. *Filmmaker must be present for monetary prizes.
GloryReelz believes I Cor. 10:31b ...whatever you do, do all to the glory of the Lord.
• Based on schedule not all selected films will be screened. If necessary determination will be by highest scores.
• Entries will be judged based on content, creativity, story and clarity.
• We are looking for a variety of films and while they may not be specifically Christian they should be based upon sound Christian principles. They may be: redemptive, edifying, inspirational, educational, entertaining, messages of hope, uplifting or evangelistic in nature.
• Profanity, violence and nudity are strictly forbidden (If you have to ask –don’t submit).
• Films must not have been made prior to September 2017.
• Feature films must not be commercially available (on DVD/Blu-ray, VOD or streaming) prior to June 13, 2019.
• Films should be in English or have English subtitles available.
• Entry form and fees must be submitted at time of submission to be considered.
• Filmmaker understands that submission fees are non-refundable.
• GloryReelz Christian Film Festival and Writer’s Lab GRCFF&WL (hereinafter known as The Festival) reserves the right to disqualify or not use films without debate that don’t follow guidelines or have received low scores. Filmmaker further understands our judge’s rulings are final and will owe no explanation.
• The Festival assumes by your film submission you have obtained all rights, permissions and copyrights. *It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker submitting media to secure all authorizations or permissions, as The Festival will not be held liable for trademarked materials and reserves the right to disqualify such films.
• Films produced, primarily financed or initiated by a major Hollywood studio can be screened but will not be eligible for competition.
• Filmmaker agrees by submitting to The Festival to allow film to be screened or used for promotional purposes *(filmmaker retains all rights to film).
• More than one submission is allowed but each must have its own submission form and fee.
• The Festival encourages finalists to attend or send a representative. *Cash prizes will not be given if filmmaker isn’t in attendance.
• The Festival reserves the right to remove categories if sufficient submissions aren’t received and to add or remove awards/prizes based on sponsorships received.
• Filmmakers are encouraged to strive for excellence, convey messages that entertain families or provoke transformation.
• Films will have no trailers or advertisements, from black screen, film with any credits, to ending with black screen, must be within listed timeframes.
• My Father's Promise Teams should have a leader (the director) and each person should be involved in the filmmaking process. Select scripture, pray about your vision and create your script and begin filming. Any questions have ministry or school overseer contact us at email@example.com
• IMPORTANT: If notified FINALIST- a DVD/Blu-ray clearly labeled must immediately be sent to:
Her Shine Ministries | PO Box 511245 | Livonia, MI. 48151 DVD’s will not be returned.
*Book Submissions -please visit www.gloryreelz.com for instruction.
Response from festival:
It was an honor to be able to serve you. Thank you for creating media that educates and shows we have a voice and power to make change. We thank you for joining us at the 2019 GRCFF and look forward to seeing you in 2020 as well. Continue making great media for good Daniellle. God bless you richly!
Response from festival:
Ericler thank you for submitting such an inspiring and motivating film. We know it's often difficult to attend every festival, especially when you are in another country, but thank you for the honor or being able to share your film. Thank you also for trusting us to share this film and encourage others to know 'I CAN TOO!' God's blessings to you, cast and crew.