Submit now to the First Annual Provincetown Pet Film Festival!
The Provincetown Pet Film Festival features two ways to show off your pets!
Pilgrim Bark Park, Provincetown Film Society, and CASAS want a short video of YOUR dog!
Submit your best dog video to MAKE YOUR DOG A STAR! Videos will be selected and curated into a 90 minute film to be shown at The Water’s Edge Cinema located in Whalers Wharf, at 237 Commercial Street, on Aug. 29th at 2:00 and again at 4:00 p.m.
Got a great pet that isn't a pup? PTV is accepting submissions for The Provincetown 24 Hour Pet Channel! On Sunday, Aug. 30th, PTV will play non-stop videos of your cute pets on local Comcast channel 99. Send us a short video starring or about your kitten, frog, chinchilla, parrot, donkey, etc. Not only will they be on TV but the best pet videos will receive prizes from Art's Dune Tours, The Lobster Pot, or the 1620 Brewhouse.
All entries for MAKE YOUR DOG a star which are not selected for the 90 minute film will automatically become part of PTV’s 24 HOUR PET CHANNEL!
Not sure how to use your camera or phone to make a video?! Provincetown TV will be offering 4 FREE workshops to teach you: Tuesday June 23rd 11:00 am; Tuesday July 7th 6:00 pm; Tuesday July 14th 11:00 am; and Tuesday August 4th 6:00 pm.
Provincetown TV will also be offering 4 FREE workshops to help you edit and submit your video: Thurs. June 25th 11:00 am; Thurs. July 9th 6:00 pm; Thurs. July 16th 11:00 am; Thurs. August 6th 6:00 pm.
Can't make it to a workshop but need help? Contact PTV by email at email@example.com or call 508-487-0648.
Workshops will be held at PTV, located at 330 Commercial Street in Provincetown.
Submissions must be received before August 8th 2015.
Awards & Prizes
Great prizes for the top three most memorable "Make Your Dog a Star" submissions. Best submissions for the "24 Hour Pet Channel" will receive gift cards from Art's Dune Tours, The Lobster Pot, or the 1620 Brewhouse.
Rules & Terms
Rules & Terms
1. Entrants accept all rules and regulations of Make Your Dog A Star, a program of the Provincetown Pet Film Festival (“the Program”), and must be 18+ yrs old, or filmmakers under 18 must have written adult consent by a parent or guardian.
2. Entries to Make Your Dog a Star can be between 5 seconds and 5 minutes long.
3. Entrants accept all rules and regulations of The Provincetown 24 Hour Pet Channel, a program of the Provincetown Pet Film Festival, and must be 18+ yrs old, or filmmakers under 18 must have written adult consent by a parent or guardian.
4. Entries to The Provincetown 24 Hour Pet Channel can be between 5 seconds and 20 minutes long.
5. Make Your Dog A Star, a program of the Provincetown Pet Film Festival, will screen all films digitally and therefore we accept only digital submissions viewable online.
6. The Provincetown 24 Hour Pet Channel, a program of the Provincetown Pet Film Festival, will screen all films digitally and therefore we accept only digital submissions viewable online.
7. Films selected for Make Your Dog a Star will be transferred to a Digital Cinema Projection file for screening purposes. Films are welcome that have been previously seen by the public.
8. The Program does not pay screening fees under any circumstance. By submitting your film, you are agreeing to screen, telecast, and webcast your film without a screening fee or any other compensation.
9. Films submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be accepted after submission.
10. By submitting your film, you agree that the film does not contain any material which is obscene, libelous, slanderous, or is otherwise illegal, any lottery information or material which is intended to defraud the viewer, any material that is commercial in nature, any invasion of privacy, or any violation of copyrights, trademarks, or publicity rights which might violate federal, state, or local laws.
11. You represent and warrant that the submitted material is an original work and that there are no disputes regarding ownership of the submission. The filmmaker understands that failure to adhere to the Festival rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
12. The filmmaker agrees to hold Provincetown Community Television, The Provincetown Film Society, CASAS, and Provincetown Dog Park Association, Inc harmless from and defends them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not they are groundless, based on any film submitted to the Festival.
13. For multiple entries, please note that each film entered must have a separate entry form. If submitted on FilmFreeway, each film must be submitted separately but fees for multiple entries may be combined.
14. The Program finalists and winners will permit The Provincetown Film Society, CASAS, Provincetown Dog Park Association, Inc , Provincetown Community Television, its sponsors and partners to use the title, tagline, name, contact information, likeness and publicity photos, trailers and film footage (no more than 1 min) in pre and post-competition publicity and promotional efforts.
15. The Program, reserves the right to include any accepted submissions for promotional purposes.
16. Decisions of the Program authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be binding on all parties.
17. Submitting a film to the Program, implies acceptance of these regulations.
18. By submitting a film to the Program you understand and agree to all the competition guidelines and terms and conditions of submission of materials to Make Your Dog A Star, a program of the Provincetown Pet Film Festival, including as amended from time to time.
19. Provincetown Community Television, The Provincetown Film Society, CASAS, and Provincetown Dog Park Association, Inc are under no obligation to select your film as part of the curated Program and/or other screenings.
20. The Program is hereby granted the right to exhibit all entered, submitted, and/or programmed works in whole or in part for ongoing promotional and/or exhibition purposes in perpetuity. Short film compilations may be duplicated and/or retained for archival purposes. Selected shorts with total running time of 5 minutes may be considered for additional programming/promotional opportunities. The individual or corporation submitting the work hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the work for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
21. All submissions received will be acknowledged via email.
22. By submitting your film to the Make Your Dog a Star Program, you agree to be automatically considered for the 24 Hour Pet Channel, a program of PTV, which will be aired on Comcast channel 99 with selected works available as a limited release program on PTV’s Vimeo channel. If you do not want your film to be considered for the 24 Hour Pet Channel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Films are welcome that have been previously seen by the public.