Welcome to the First Hermetic International Film Festival!
-with LIVE SCREENING in beautiful VENICE, Italy-
From graven images, believed attracting cosmic powers inside themselves, upon the Medieval iconography or the Renaissance Emblematica, Hermeticism has always been terrifically visionary.
We accept films in every language from all over the world in the fields of Alchemy / Hermetica / Astrology / Esotericism / Cabala / Gnosticism / Magick / Divination / Shamanism / Mystic / New Age / Theosophy / Freemasonry / Occultism / Spiritism / unorthodox religious currents / ancestral religions / Rosicrucianism / Witchcraft / Cults / Rituals / Deity and many more...
We give particular importance to the accuracy of the contents, the correctness and validity of every information, the veracity of quotations both in the documentaries as in the feature films, because we feel committed to establishing our festival as a trustworthy source for the study of the Hermetic related currents, movements, figures and as a socio-cultural phenomenon.
Join in and submit today! We would be happy to see you at the Festival!
Awards & Prizes
Official selected films will be judged by an international jury and can participate in the contest among the following categories:
Best Picture - Mercure Award
Best Feature Film - Caduceus Award
Best Short Film - Sulphur Award
Best Feature Documentary - Paracelsus Award
Best Documentary (Short) - Pelican Award
Best Foreign Documentary - Rosenkreuz Award
Best Animation Film - Apuleio Award
Best Web Serie - Black Lion Award
Best Experimental Film - Vitriol Award
Best Music Video - Kenneth Award
Best Director - Agrippa Award
Best Editing - Ficino Award
Best Cinematography - Fludd Award
Best Music - Atalanta Award
Best Storytelling - Cagliostro Award
Best Topic - Jodorowsky Award
Best Research - Eco Award
Rules & Terms
1) By submitting your film to the festival you confirm that you own the full rights of your film and have the permission to submit it.
2) Submissions are only accepted via FilmFreeway. Entry fees are not refundable. Please do not send any DVDs. Online Screener is necessary.
3) Films that show extreme violence, hurt current or foreign laws, containing pornographic or disgusting content are not accepted.
4) We accept films in any language from all countries over the world. Non-English spoken films must be subtitled in English, except Italian spoken ones, that do not need any necessarily.
5) After submitting your film you will receive notifications about the judging status.
6) The decision of the jury is final.
7) If you do not want us to promote your film on our website and other channels in order to keep your premiere status please let us know.
8) By submitting your film you agree that we can use the submitted trailer, photos and description of your film on our website. We will never show or screen your film without your permission.
9) Award Winners can use our laurel for their marketing and promotion but are not allowed to sell or use the laurel for films that have not been part of the festival.
10) The jury has the right to nominate your submitted film for a different category as the one for it had been submitted.