Welcome to the First Hermetic International Film Festival!
- with Live Screening in beautiful Venice, Italy -
We want to celebrate the visions: cinematography and Hermetica are both terrific imaginatively visionary cultures.
The 2nd edition of the First Hermetic International Film Festival is now accepting your Feature film / Short movie / Documentary / Animation film / Experimental film / Music Video / Web project in the field of: Hermeticism / Alchemy / Esotericism / Cabala / Gnosticism / Magic / Occultism and occult philosophies / Rosicrucianism / Witchcraft / New Age / Theosophy / Anthroposophy / Freemasonry / Metaphysics / Spiritism / Mystery / Supernatural / Astrology / Science and Healing / Cults / Divination and any other occulture.
Contemporary esotericism is intimately, and increasingly, connected with popular culture and new media: for this reason, we want to support such a visual fascination, the storylines revolving around neglected knowledge and the frantic search for the divine upon hidden paths of spirituality.
We are looking forward to seeing your film. Submit your work today!
the FHIFF team
IMDb listed Film Festival:
Best Picture - Mercure Award
Best Feature Film - Caduceus Award
Best Short Film - Sulphur Award
Best Feature Documentary - Paracelsus Award
Best Documentary (Short) - Pelican Award
Best Foreign Documentary - Rosenkreuz Award
Best Animation Film - Apuleio Award
Best Web Serie - Black Lion Award
Best Experimental Film - Vitriol Award
Best Music Video - Kenneth Award
Best Director - Agrippa Award
Best Editing - Ficino Award
Best Cinematography - Fludd Award
Best Music - Atalanta Award
Best Storytelling - Cagliostro Award
Best Topic - Jodorowsky Award
Best Research - Eco Award
Best Sound Design - Theremin Award
1) By submitting your film to the festival you confirm that you own the full rights of your film and have the permission to submit it.
2) Submissions are only accepted via FilmFreeway. Entry fees are not refundable. Please do not send any DVDs. Online Screener is necessary.
3) Films that show extreme violence, hurt current or foreign laws, containing pornographic or disgusting content are not accepted.
4) We accept films in any language from all countries over the world. Non-English spoken films must be subtitled in English, except Italian spoken ones, that do not need any necessarily.
5) After submitting your film you will receive notifications about the judging status.
6) The decision of the jury is final.
7) If you do not want us to promote your film on our website and other channels in order to keep your premiere status please let us know.
8) By submitting your film you agree that we can use the submitted trailer, photos and description of your film on our website. We will never show or screen your film without your permission.
9) Award Winners can use our laurel for their marketing and promotion but are not allowed to sell or use the laurel for films that have not been part of the festival.
10) The jury has the right to nominate your submitted film for a different category as the one for it had been submitted.