Discount Code 10% Off: 10SIFF2017
SIFF is a live film festival, headquartered in Berlin, Germany.
We are happy to announce that next year the festival will take place in Moscow, Russian Federation.
The festival runs in 4 quarters.
The Official Selections, Nominations and Winners will be announced at the end of each quarter on our website.
The bests of quarterly competitions are selected for
LIVE SCREENING, we organize each year in Berlin or Moscow.
In the yearly competition are given the BEST OF YEAR AWARDS.
Next yearly organization is due to take place
from the 25th to 26th of October, 2017.
On Wed., October 25 the films will be screened
at the 35 mm cinema theatre and at the olympic cinema theatre.
The Sunlight International Film Festival will showcase at least
10 feature films and 50 short films. Out of the official selections,
an international jury will select one winner in each category.
The festivities will culminate in the announcement of the winners
of the 2017 siff at the AWARDS CEREMONY on Thu., October 26th.
Best Film will receive the SIFF Trophy.
In addition, Special Jury Prizes and prizes from our sponsors will be awarded to several standout films and screenplays at the discretion of the Jury.
Sunlight International Film Festival shows an amazing mix of short and feature length films, the best independent films on the festival circuit, before they come to cinema.
We screening films from all over the world and honoring emerging filmmakers from every age, religious, ethnic and cultural perspective.
Our mission is to bring worthy filmmakers to a wider attention,
and to provide a platform for appreciative and informed discussion of their work.
The Sunlight International Film Festival attempts to cultivate spaces for independent film makers to create and display their stories without commercial pressure, in order to discover and celebrate extraordinary films and develop independent filmmaking.
The Sunlight International Film Festival strives to set a standard for excellence in recognizing the important work of emerging talent and masters of the cinema craft.
Awards & Prizes
The winners of each category will get our official AWARD CERTIFICATE and the winners for yearly organization will take the trophies.
The organizers will nominate an international jury and a national jury. The juries will award the following prizes to films in the festival’s competition programmes:
GRAND PRIX for most promising talent
BEST FEATURE Film No-Budget
BEST FEATURE Film Micro-Budget
BEST DEBUT Film
BEST STUDENT Film
BEST YOUNG Filmmaker
BEST WOMAN Filmmaker
BEST EXPERIMENTAL Film
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL Film
BEST GERMAN-LANGUAGE FEATURE Film
BEST HUMAN RIGHTS
BEST SHORT Film
BEST DRONE Film
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST FILM SHOT ON SMARTPHONE/TABLET
BEST FILM SHOT ON GOPRO
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD
The international jury may determine at its discretion the award an Honorable Mention to the films, directors, actors and deemed appropriate and relevant to distinguish over the other awards.
Each film we designate as an "OFFICIAL SELECTION" will receive a printable high-resolution .png image of our festival laurels to be used for marketing and promotional materials as the filmmaker sees fit.
The winning filmmakers will receive a printable high-resolution .png image of our festival laurels with the "WINNER" label to be used as the filmmaker sees fit.
Rules & Terms
1) Only online Submission will accepted through film festival platform FilmFreeway.
2) All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
3) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
4) After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified,
the film will be listed on the festival web site under official selections until festival
edition not over.
Irrespective of whether it wins any awards or not.
5) By submitting to the Festival you confirm that you own the rights of the film and you
agree to allow your project to be shown by the Film Festival.
Your name and information about your project may be used for promotion.
6) Any film in any format will be consider as private screening.
Password protected entries will also consider in same category.
7) All selected films will remain on our website for as long as the quarter edition of
festival is in existence.
Please note that you can request to delete or update your link every time you need.
8) All genre films will accepted.
9) Multiple entries are allowed.
You can submit more than one film to the same category or different Category.
10) Each film cannot be older than 2 years from the current festival year.
11) The festival has the right to disqualify or remove any winning film for any reasons,
without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
12) Entrance fee is non-refundable.
Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment.
13) Each entry will be accompanied by non-refundable fees.
No Checks are accepted to pay submission fees,
only online payment through Festival Platforms.
14) The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in
regulations or scheduling.
15) The Festival reserves the right to shut the festival at any time
without any notification.
16) Any Film, selected or not selected,
will be a decision of selection panel which is final and accepted by all.
17) The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.