Seattle Asian American Film Festival (SAAFF) is the only film festival in Seattle to provide a space for Asian American voices, perspectives and histories by screening independent films that reflect the diversity and richness of the city’s Asian American community.
SAAFF features works by or about North Americans of Asian descent, with an emphasis on filmmakers from the Pacific Northwest. We accept films of any length and genre that were completed in 2016 or later. The non-refundable fee for entry is $10.00 and films must be submitted for review digitally on Vimeo.com or FilmFreeway's platform.
Currently held at Broadway Performance Hall and Northwest Film Forum in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood, our 6th annual festival is scheduled for February 22-25, 2018!
Rules & Terms
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. A separate entry and entry fee is required for each film submission. However, previous submitters to SAAFF can have their fee waived. For the waiver code, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
2. We accept films of all premiere statuses, including films that already have distribution and/or are available for streaming online.
3. All non-English language films must have English subtitles or no dialogue.
4. All submissions must be digital (link to Vimeo). Please do not send DVDs. No exceptions.
5. Vimeo must be set to allow downloads of the film. Access to the film must not expire until at least December 23rd, 2017.
6. After selection, notification letters and further correspondence will take place via email only.
7. Images from the film's website or social media properties may be used by SAAFF for publicity purposes for this year's festival as well as future events.
8. All selected films may be excerpted (up to 2 minutes) for publicity purposes for this year's festival as well as future events.
9. SAAFF does not pay exhibition fees.
10. Films must have a completion date of no earlier than 2016.
11. Do not submit works in progress.
12. Entry fees will not be refunded.
13. All press kits, publicity info, photos, etc. will be retained as part of the Seattle Asian American Film Festival's library.
14. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission rules are not followed.
15. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry with no refunded fee if the contact person for a selected film fails to respond to email correspondence from the festival.
All selections will be announced in November. Please no phone calls. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the submitter, acknowledge and agree as follows: I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility requirements. All the statements in this document are true. In consideration for the opportunity to be selected into the Seattle Asian American Film Festival, I release and discharge Seattle Asian American Film Festival, its employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, licensees, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to my submission hereunder. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Seattle Asian American Film Festival from any claims that arise as a result of this submission or screening of my film (should it be selected) as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted materials en route to the festival.
I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival. This film is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation. I understand, as the authorized representative, any prizes will be awarded to the director(s) of the winning films.