2017 PENSACON SHORT FILM FESTIVAL BROUGHT TO YOU BY LIGHTWORKS, RED GIANT AND WRITE BROTHERS
Pensacon: Pensacola Comic Con proudly presents the third annual Pensacon Short Film Festival as one of its official events. As part of this convention, the films screened will celebrate science fiction, horror, fantasy, comic books, pop culture, and animation.
Each Official Selection will be given two weekend passes to Pensacon (travel not included) to attend the screening, and filmmakers may participate in a Q&A session about their films immediately following the screening.
Awards & Prizes
Pensacon would like to congratulate the following 2017 winners:
• BEST IN SHOW - The Edge directed by Simon Saulnier (France)
• JURY SELECTION - Pirate Parts directed by Shabnam Shams, Megan Robinson & Sara Chantland (USA)
• AUDIENCE CHOICE - Future Boyfriend directed by Ben Rock (USA)
Prizes are provided by BorrowLenses, EditShare, Red Giant, and Write Brothers. Trophies provided by The Crystal Zebra.
Rules & Terms
• Films must have been produced after January 1, 2014.
• Films must have a running time no longer than 20 minutes.
• Categories—science fiction, fantasy, horror, superhero/comic book related, pop culture, and animation. International films must be of one of the listed categories.
• Films may contain “R-rated” content, but no pornography.
• It is permissible to enter films that have screened at other film festivals, but not commercially distributed.
• Films cannot have been previously screened at Pensacon.
• Filmmakers must retain the rights to characters, stories, and music. Fan films (i.e. fan-made versions of established properties) are not allowed with the exception of parodies.
• Unfortunately, Pensacon Short Film Festival is unable to offer fee waivers.
• Official Selections will be determined by Pensacon staff based on a number of factors, including but not limited to genre, content, quality of filmmaking, and time allotment. All decisions are final.
• Pensacon staff and their families are ineligible to enter.
• All Official Selections will be announced via email to the filmmakers and on the Pensacon website and social media on November 21, 2016.
• Entry fees will be charged to all submissions, but do not guarantee acceptance into the film festival.
• Pensacon reserves the right to change the category for submissions as deemed appropriate.
• It is recommended to upload the best quality of your film upon submission. However, an updated screener copy will be accepted until December 2, 2016. Resolution should be 1920x1080 or 1280x720 with an audio bit depth of 16 bits.
• Publicity material such as stills and a movie poster are optional, but must be submitted no later than December 2, 2016.
• Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
• All Official Selections of the Pensacon Short Film Festival will be shown as an official event of Pensacon on Friday, February 19, 2016.
• Admission to the screening will be free to anyone with a Pensacon weekend pass or day pass on the date of the screening.
• Due to the possible content of the films, anyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.