Nordic Music Video Awards is the only award show that focus solely on music videos from the Nordic countries. We honour the best of what the Nordic music video scene has to offer, and celebrate the music video as both an independent art form and a commercial entity.
Last year was pretty great. Check it out:
For entry into this year's award show, the submitted video(s) must be a Nordic music video released after 31.12.2014.
We're pretty geeky about music videos, so by submitting, your film will be evaluated in all categories.
Five videos will be nominated in these fine categories:
Awards & Prizes
Best Music Video:
Best Art Direction:
Best Artist Performance:
Best Young Director:
Rules & Terms
01. The awards are open for music video production companies, agencies, directors, producers, record companies, artists and other professionals working
with music video production aged 16 or older. For your video to be eligible for nomination, the video must be a Nordic music video launched in 2015.
For a video to be considered as 'Nordic', it must apply with ONE of the following criteria:
a. The person nominated for any of the production categories (Editor, Cinematographer, Director etc.) holds a Nordic citizenship.
b. The person nominated for any of the production categories does not hold a Nordic citizenship, but has completed a full University degree in a Nordic country and additionally has lived and worked in a Nordic country for two years.
c. The person nominated for any of the production categories does not hold a Nordic citizenship, but has lived and worked in a Nordic country for five years.
NMVA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants
02. Participants can submit one or several music videos. Every music video can be nominated for more than one award.
03. Music videos that meet the NMVA criteria must be sent to NMVA between 29 October 2015 and 15 January 2016.
05. NMVA accepts no responsibility for any kind of network- hardware- or
software malfunction that may restrict or delay the transfer of participants' music
video or registration. Incomplete registration that does not meet the requirements of
these conditions will be not be taken into consideration.
06. All music videos submitted will first be reviewed by an extended NMVA panel.
Each panel member will make a top four list in each category where they are ranked from
1 to 4 – four being the highest score. These nominations will be collated and the
four videos with the highest score will go on to the second round, where a new panel decides the winner. NMVA reserves the right to reallocate a movie into a different category.
07. The winning entry in each category will show the necessary artistic quality, creative
contributions and technical skills in line with the category’s requirements.
08. All the Winners will be announced and receive their trophy at the awards ceremony
that will take place in Oslo in May 2016. Winners who can’t show up, have to send a
representative to receive the award. Alternatively, we can send the prize. The winner
will receive the prize within 14 days. A list of winners will be published on the website
and stay there as long as Nordic Music Video Awards desire.
09. All entrants warrant and undertake that they have obtained all relevant rights and
written. Permission from individuals featured in the entry.
10. All participants warrant that their movie does not violate Norwegian law.
11. By signing the film permits participants that NMVA can use the movie as well as
pictures and names attached to the film for advertising and public relations purposes
in connection with marketing Nordic Music Video Awards
12. NMVA may use the information participants provide to contact participants
regarding their products and services.
13. Promoters Alexander Vestnes, Lasse Passage, Ola Martin Fjeld and Henrik Richer Schie reserve the right to modify these terms.